General Advice

Here's a chapter where I'll just be listing down the things I take note of when I do my editing

1: Practise makes perfect!
Of course, when trying to edit, you're going to have to try in different styles at first. Don't worry if they seem bad at first, that's how we all start out! You can observe other graphic artists' works and try to see how they interpret their own version of a style. Continue to collect more resources and learn more on placement and text, and which colours would work well together. Eventually you'll be able to get better! Don't be afraid of the result turning out less than expected, learning can be a slow process, but I can assure you that the end result will be good!

2: Where to get renders?
Personally, I like using official art over fanart. There are also many fan artists who don't like having their art used in edits without permission, and some don't allow it at all too, so official art is how I swing nowadays. I love using art that's already been rendered out, because it can take quite a long while to render something. I take art from gacha games because they have a lot of characters/cards, so there's a lot of options to choose from!

Some of these games are: Azur Lane, Arknights, Project Sekai, BanG Dream, Genshin Impact, Hypnosis Microphone ARB. Of course, there's a lot more games out there, so feel free to explore!

I also render these images myself sometimes. I plan to post these renders on my DeviantArt account(same user: PlatLia) so that people can choose to use them too! I only ask that you don't take credit for the render, and know which game/show the render came from. They deserve more recognition!

3: Where to get resources?
There's a number of places you can go look for them. For me, I only use PicsArt for pngs, and sometimes renders if I feel too lazy to render them myself lol. I also use DeviantArt for textures and more pngs!

Some profiles on DeviantArt I recommend looking up are:

-18arqan
-Fluorald
-TonyApex
-Odorare-Design
-ungodlybee
-CHOCOBOPP
-greentunic
-xnienke

More profiles will be added here in the future if I do find some. Feel free to suggest any others if you know of them, so that more people will be able to see!

4: Simple is okay!
Don't be afraid of making something simple. Sometimes keeping it light is great! It all depends on the type of graphic you're making. Keep in mind the mood you wish to incorporate into the graphic, and it'll end up fine. Not all highly blended graphics would fit a story after all.

And that's it! I hope this chapter helps. Thanks for reading this and have a great day/night!