Chapter 5

He yanked the car door open.

"I think the rain's let up enough, let's go in dear."

"But--but my question!"

"I told you, we're already late, let's hurry." He pulled me out and put an arm over my head to shield me from the rain, which was still coming down so hard that mud was splattering on my shoes.

"Eeesh," I exclaimed, momentarily forgetting my predicament. "Is this good enough weather to get married in?"

I could hear him smiling when he next spoke. "I can't wait for our wedding ceremony! It will be perfect no matter what I have to do to achieve it."

We hurried to the front doors, a grand mahogany with deep-set stained glass in the middle.

He opened the heavy doors as quickly as possible, pushing me inside.

"Oh," I breathed. "This is beautiful!" I was engulfed in warmth the moment I stepped inside; we were in a huge foyer with marble floors and a grand staircase that ran up both side of the room, all draped in various shades of rich blue silks, accented with light purples.

He put a hand on the small of my back, bringing me back to reality for just a second. I was really about to marry a man I barely knew, but had been stalking me for weeks. This was extremely surreal, the kind of thing you see in movies where the plot is crap and everyone leaves halfway through the movie.

Still, to my slight contentmemt and great surprise, this is exactly how I would have set up my wedding, down to the venue and the color scheme.

I shivered away from his touch.

"I'm glad you like it, love," He said in a deeper, more baritone voice. "This is our home now, too."

"What?" I turned around swiftly to face him, nearly tripping over a blue silk rug.

He smiled and kissed me on the forehead.

"Yes, love, this is our new home! I saw you looking on your realtor app... I know you like to look at mansions for fun. You kept coming back to this one, did you not? So I made sure our home was one you could be happy in."

I recognized it now; a beautiful 17-bedroom mansion that had a private waterfall and almost 360 acres of land surrounding the main house.

I gaped, little choking sounds were all I could make.

Well, at least I knew something now; he was rich. That could narrow down lots of people, especially ones able to afford a $234,000,000 dollar home ( A.N. This is NOT a joke, in reality I do look at mansions for fun and some surpass even this price).

"Hmm," He sighed happily. "I'm so glad you're happy."

I decided to move on; I could ask more questions later after I got out and went to the police.

"Why.. why are there so many chairs, then? Who's coming?"

"Oh, just some friends of mine." I was a bit uncomfortable.

"Oh, okay..."

"Well, love, would you like to get changed now? The wedding is in just a few hours."

"Changed? How long were we in the car??" I thought most weddings were held in the late evening.

"Oh, love, almost five hours. Why?"

I was startled. "It...it just didn't feel that long."

"Well," He laughed, "you were zoning out quite a bit. Plus, when you can't see five feet in front of you, time passes a little differently!" He was laughing and happy again.