the garden

three ;

after jumping into a mirror, both have landed into a garden.

"a-ah. where am.. i?" chae yeon rubbed her eyes.

"oh? you're finally awake. don't worry, you lost your memory just for a short bit. it always happens to humans who joins us." an adorable, sexy and handsome looking guy appeared.

chae yeon looked at him weirdly. "it always happens to humans who joins us? tsk. you speak like you're not human. you're such a weirdo."

"a weirdo? why am i a weirdo?" he asked with a confused face.

"aish. stop talking like you're from another planet!" chae yeon complains. she looked around the place she is at and asked, "where am i anyways?"

"i'm not an alien though and don't you remember that you just joined a game?" he answered undirectly in chae yeon's point of view.

"game your butt, i'm asking where am i!" after asking, she walked towards a cute and bright flower. she pointed out her index finger and slowly approach the flower. "don't touch that!" the guy says as he ran to her and moved her finger away.

"aish, wae?!" chae yeon looked at him upset. "it's a poisonous flower you little kid!" he felt weird as he said that.

"i have never complained before ..." he murmured to himself.

"a poisonous flower. daebak." she widened her eyes in surprise. "what's so cool about that?" he asked as he walk.

"it's my first time seeing a poisonous flower." she answered as she walked side by side with him. "you will see more kinds of flowers from now on. unlike the human world, there's something magical here at the end of the --"

"aish! why do talk like you're not human?!" chae yeon became frustrated, confused and upset at the same time.

"well.. because i'm not a human?" he answered.

suddenly, chae yeon's head started to hurt. "is there something wrong?" he ran to her and asked worriedly.

'i'm not a scary person.'
'if i step out, i'll die.'
'ready?' 'to jump!'

"eureka.." she said the word she remembered she said lastly. "oh, do you remember?" he asked. "yeah.. also the part where you said that i'm actually joining a game."

flashback

"but why are we not landing? it feels like i'm flying though ~" chae yeon asked. "because it's finding our common favorite place. it's like it is stalking us." he answered. "then instead of stalking me, let me tell you that my favorite places are gardens!" she shouted for the scanner to hear.

"haha, you must be crazy, it won't hear you." he said. "just tell the scanner where your favorite place is! maybe it'll make us land faster!" chae yeon demanded. "haha. okay, okay." he agreed.

"oy! my favorite place is also at the garden!" he turned to chae yeon as he smiled. moments later, without realizing, both are already smiling happily.

"this seems like a game though. i see pixel flowers from below." she commented as to what she sees. "well, it's because it is a game." he said.

"wah, jjinja? daebak." chae yeon smiled amusingly. "but only some places has pixel flowers, the garden doesn't have pixel flowers. sometimes it has dangerous flowers or something like singing flowers. the scanner might've picked a dangerous garden or a peaceful garden. i don't know how it decides."

"oh.."

end of flashback

"now do you still think of me as a weirdo?" he asked as chae yeon shook her head, reffering to no.

"it feels like i'm dreaming~" she said. "oh yeah, what's your name by the way?" he asked. "my name is chae yeon. lee chae yeon. what about you?

"to be honest, i'm not korean. so my real name is tuan yi en. but you can call me mark." he smiled. "oh.. from your name it sounds like chinese." chae yeon says. "i'm an american citizen but taiwanese descent." mark answers.

"oh. cool, i thought people like you have no nationality." "there's nothing cool about it. there are also countries here though." mark walks around and sees a pixel flower in pink.

"oh? i thought there are no pixel flowers, or even a single one, here." mark scratches his nape.

"wah, so cute ~" chae yeon picks it out. suddenly, vines started to grow out from the flower. mark told her to drop the flower down as he ran to her to save her.

the vines started to tighten its hold onto chae yeon's feet.

luckily, mark has somekind of super power since used for the game and manages to save chae yeon. "yah, are you okay?" he asked. "y-yeah. thanks for saving me.." she was amused by mark's power and asked him how he did it.

"whenever i bring in a human, I restart from level 1. I was usually at the last level but i lost, so in order to respawn, I have to bring in a human. this is my last chance of respawning though." mark says as he continued to walk.

"you never answered my question though. and wait, did you just use me so you can respawn?" chae yeon asked as he grabbed onto mark's arm, making him stop. "no, I tried to save you that moment. I actually forgot that i have to bring a human for me to respawn and you'll gain powers once you level up your exp." mark explained.

"well, i'll believe you for saving me. but once I find out that it's not the truth, i'll.. i'll.." "you'll what?"

"ugh. nevermind. but this game seems like the game I always play." "yeah, it's the same way of how you level up and gain money or something."

"so there's money too? daebak ~" chae yeon stands excitedly. "tsk, I finally met a money-faced girl." mark says.

"aish, yah!"