Chapter 8: Julia

Jessica walked at a fast pace through the metro. The captain, Callie, and Marie had tried to contact her, through chats and calls, in an attempt to convince her to come back and talk about the whole situation, which clearly had just gotten out of hand.

All the notifications she was receiving were making her phone vibrate like crazy in her pocket. And it was making her go even more furious than she already was. She snatched her phone and forced the notifications and the vibration of her cell phone off. She just wasn't in the mood for their crap, not after being fired like that. It was just so abrupt, it hurt so much. She had been an Agent for 2 whole years, and she had done so much, for Inkopolis, and for the team. And now, they were getting rid of her like that. Just like that. Like she meant nothing. It happened as fast as the blink of an eye.

Without that job she didn't even know who she was anymore.

She no longer had friends, because she had ditched and insulted them prior. And she had made herself look like a psychopath in front of her Captain and her colleagues. At that point, she just wanted to be alone, and by herself. Nothing really mattered any longer.

Jessica put her phone back in her pocket and started running through the last Tunnel of that cursed metro. She could swear to hear noises, in the distance, perhaps behind the walls...but it was no longer her problem. The whole metro situation was no longer a problem for her, actually. At least that.

She reached the stairs that led out of the underground and quickly made her way outside. Inkopolis' air felt like heaven compared to the metro's. It felt like actually breathing oxygen, finally. Underground, the air was dense, and it gave the impression of being full of Cod knows what. Jessica took a few deep breaths, trying to suffocate her feelings. As usual, after all. Three was good at suppressing how she felt, but it kept getting harder over time. And after the recent events, it felt almost impossible. Convinced that she just had to stop thinking about it to feel better, she decided to head to Inkopolis' Central Park.

Central Park was one of the biggest parks in Inkopolis, if not the biggest. People liked it so much because it was close to mako mart, one of the most frequented and busy places in the entirety of the city. On top of that, it was often the place where concerts and big events were hosted. During some nights, even at a great distance, you could see the lights of a show coming right from Central Park. It was also one of the very few nature-friendly places in the metropolis, which was ideal for squids that enjoyed being in the green a lot.

It had been a very long while since Three went there. She had actually not visited Central Park since she became an Agent in the first place. And after the "scar" incident, she barely wanted to be seen at all. Very often, curious squids would ask her how she got "that weird green thing on her face" and she had to either be rude and tell them to quite literally fuck off, or come up with some rather ridiculous and very bizarre excuses for the most stubborn individuals.

After a good 15 minutes of walking, she got to the park. She sat on a bench and turned her glance over some younger inklings playing football. They still hadn't reached their full human form, but they appeared to be close to it. Younger inklings could not swap from squid to human form. They were a mix of both. After reaching the age of 14, they would eventually achieve full control of their body. But that is just basic knowledge.

Jessica lowered her head and closed her eyes.

"Yeah, this is not helping at all" She thought to herself, letting out a sigh upset.

No matter how hard she tried. There was no need to lie to herself, because nothing could make her stop thinking about what had happened. It almost felt like, wherever she turned, there was something that reminded her that she was no longer an Agent. And it sucked, it really did.