Chapter 10: Small Talk

Ayanokouji's POV

Out of curiosity, I was looking at Kushida from my seat, when she turned to see me and immediately turned her eyes to the front, that made me more curious.

Then I saw Kei who approached her and said something to her, but because of the distance I don't know what she said, then Kei looked at me annoyed and went to her seat.

I think I know what is the reason for her annoyance.

A few seconds passed, and I got a message on my phone. I opened it and I saw that it was from Kei.

"Stay in the classroom after school."

Someone could see us, but as she is annoyed she will insist on it, there is no other way, I will accept her whim.

At the end of the classes everyone was leaving, Kei and I stayed until the end. When there was no one else left, we decided to talk.

Kiyotaka: "What do you need?"

Kei: "I wanted to chat with you."

Kiyotaka: "...Can we talk another day in a more appropriate place?"

Kei: "Nope, the special exam is coming up, which means it will be time to perform and we won't have time to talk."

Kiyotaka: "... I guess you're right."

When the exam comes, I will give instructions to Kei so that I can gather information and take advantage. With that, I will have Horikita act to position the class in a good place.

With all of that, Kei and I will focus on the exam which will reduce our communication time.

Kei: "Well. First of all, Ichinose-san is very close to you lately, and she treats you differently. What did you do to her?"

You are right, Ichinose has been closer and treated me differently, a little more affectionate so to speak.

I trust Kei so I will tell her the truth.

Kiyotaka: "Not only did I help her when she was in trouble because of Nagumo, I also helped her in the previous exam to prevent the expulsion of someone within her class."

Kei: "Mmm... Apparently that influenced her sudden change and that's why she's acting that way with you."

Kiyotaka: "I thought that too."

Kei: "Then do you know what it means?"

Kiyotaka: "Yes, Ichinose likes me."

Kei: "You'll just say that, won't you try something with her?!?!"

My answer made Kei upset, I must think of something to say to calm her down.

Kiyotaka: "No, after what happened with Satou, I don't think I'm material enough to be in a romantic relationship. Besides, I don't have any feelings towards Ichinose."

Kei: Sigh "You're hopeless."

I managed to calm her down for now, but this conversation is not over yet.

Kei crossed her arms, became serious and asked me.

Kei: "In short, you say that you couldn't be in a relationship and that you don't like Ichinose-san. I understand that, but I don't believe what you say.

I think that if you could be a person who could be in a loving relationship with someone, that depends on you..."

Kiyotaka: "How would I know that I want to be in a relationship with someone?"

T/N: 🙂👍

Kei: "Let's see... I got it! First, to know that you want to be in a relationship, answer this. Kiyotaka, is there someone... that you like?"

I wouldn't know how to answer properly, if I think about it of the girls I know and with whom I had interaction.

The only one catches my attention, and that is.... Kushida. More than anything, I'm curious to know who she really is, and I want to find out.

I know Kei has feelings for me, but for the moment I see her as a tool to help me.... No, she is my ally now. If I answer that I have interest in Kushida, she will take it in a bad way and then our relationship will be affected.

I will answer her question and change the subject quickly.

Kiyotaka: "I don't know, I understand why you wanted me to stay after school to chat about this, but since we're here, do you need anything about the upcoming exam?"

Kei: "Partly yes, I still haven't decided my confrontation and that makes me insecure."

Kiyotaka: "Don't worry, Kei, pick an easy confrontation. If something happens, remember, I will protect you."

Kei: "I trust you, Kiyotaka."

With that we ended our talk, she left first and I waited a few minutes to leave. If anyone sees us together, it will be problematic.

...

I'm in my room, and it's already night. Recalling all the things that happened earlier, I started to think about Kei's question.

After all, I spent a lot of time together with Kushida, it is strange that after spending so much together, even after seeing her other Kushida I still don't know who she really is.

Then the image of both Kushida came to my mind. Now that I think about it, it doesn't matter which one she is...

Ayanokouji: "Kushida is cute."