Chapter 13: Groups

Horikita: "With this, the groups for the exam are given. Try to balance the members in the best way, if you have any complaint or doubt say it now."

Today we continued with the preparations for the exam, Horikita hung a paper that contained the groups and their members, the groups follows:

Group 1:

• Horikita Suzune
• Ken Sudo

Group 2:

• Hasebe Haruka
• Airi Sakura
• Teruhiko Yukimura

Group 3:

• Kushida Kikyou
• Ike Kanji
• Koenji Rokusuke

Group 4:

• Satou Maya
• Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
• Shinohara Satsuki

Group 5:

• Kei Karuizawa
• Mei-Yu Wang (Mii-chan)
• Akito Miyake

Horikita: "For the remainder of the class, arrange your seats in groups with your assigned members and talk about your challenges, group strategy and so on."

Everyone began to move their seats and group according to the groups that were formed by Horikita.

I know that the groups were formed to have a balance between intelligence and physical strength, but being in the same group with Satou; I don't like it at all.

But Satou seems to be happy instead, I guess I'll have to put up with being in a group with her.

Ike: "Hey Horikita! Why I'm in the same group with Koenji? Can't I be in your group?"

Horikita: "Sorry, Ike-kun. Because of our skills, Sudo-kun and I have almost perfect balance. No offense, but it will be a problem to have you together with us."

Ike: "Hey...!"

T/N: Yes.

Horikita basically said that lke is a burden, which annoyed him a lot.

Sudo: "Relax Ike, Horikita and I will be an attack group. If you are with us, you will have challenges against many students, she says it to protect our class points don't bother."

Ike: "That's okay I understand, sorry for bothering you."

Wow. Sudo being calm and acting in a good way, Horikita must've influenced him.

Ike: "But at least I could change groups, Koenji is unbearable and it will be hard to team up with him..."

Koenji: "Haha! Don't worry, boy, in the previous exam I told you that I would try my best from now on, so we won't have any problems."

Ike: "Still... I can't."

Koenji's behavior has always been a problem for the class, plus his bad interaction with others, I understand why Ike doesn't want to be in a team with him. Kushida, on the other hand, doesn't seem to care, she just silently accepts it.

Horikita:"Let's see."

Horikita thinks for a few seconds and then looks at me.

I know what this means.

Horikita: "Ayanokouji-kun, you will switch teams with him."

Ayanokouji: Sigh "Fine."

When I accepted, Satou was annoyed, but on the contrary, Ike and Shinohara were happy, did they...

But those two were not the only ones happy, Kushida who until now was only listening to everything seriously in silence, smiled when I approached my seat next to her.

Koenji: "It will be interesting to team up with you, Ayanokouji-boy."

Kushida: "Let's make an effort together, Ayanokouji-kun."

I won't lie, I feel more comfortable being together with Kushida, even though working together with Koenji will be problematic, I feel that Kushida and I will make a good team.

Kushida: "I think the first thing we need to see is what challenges we have and then come up with a strategy for the group."

Koenji: "Alright Pretty Girl, I will tell you the challenge I chose, you make the strategy."

Ayanokouji: "We must do it as a team, Koenji."

Koenji: "Relax Ayanokouji-boy, I'm sure you already have something planned for this exam so I won't hinder them."

It seems that Koenji already knows about my abilities and what I do. With that comment, Kushida knew what he meant... more people know what I am really capable of.

I don't like this, I just want to have a normal student life.

Ayanokouji: "Alright, tell us your challenge and we will plan something based on it, you can retire and I will send you the details of the plan later."

Koenji: "I will easily and effortlessly defeat anyone, so trust me!"

After telling us his challenge, Koenji withdraws. Two defeated people facing each other using the strength of their arms.

Kushida: "If we get a table, we can take it with us and do the challenge wherever we want."

Ayanokouji: "It will be a problem to carry a table all the time, although for my challenge it will also do the trick, all we have to do is pick a single place to stay there and have other students come."

Kushida: "What challenge did you choose, Ayanokouji-kun?

Ayanokouji: "Chess and yours?"

Kushida: "...Swimming! Since you recommended it to me I chose it for my challenge."

Ayanokouji: "I see, then we'll stay at the school pool and we'll have our matches there. Is that okay?"

Kushida: "Yes! That's a good plan!"

The bell rang marking the end of class for today. I will send a message to Koenji about our group's plan.

For now, the only thing left to do is to invite Kushida to a group meeting to get everything ready for the exam, even if it is just the two of us.

Ayanokouji: "Before you go, is it okay if we meet later?"

Kushida: "Sure! That sounds like a great idea."

Kushida was very happy for my invitation, now that I have her around I can confirm that she is really beautiful.