Synopsis

Dear Intruder is dedicated to my two best friends and my sister without whom this story would not exist, thank you so much for helping me with the story, for letting me rant and for brainstorming ideas with me, you are the most treasured people in my life, I love you guys and I want to thank you for everything.

This manuscript is an unedited first draft. (I will get to editing it soon but I hope you enjoy it anyway)

*********************************************

Excerpt:

His eyes lingered on her anxious face, "You know, they say secrets shared under the willow tree should never be repeated, they bring bad luck to the one who does."

Ella rolled her eyes, "any other rules or urban legends I should be aware of?"

He pretended to think over it, "Well, there are actually, willow trees are associated with sadness and death & they attract old spirits."

"Are you trying to scare me away from ever encroaching on 'your' hideout?" Ella asked flatly.

"I doubt you'd be scared of old spirits you might feel right at home with them," as she began to glare, he smirked & deflected, "but you look like you have quite a lot going on, you can tell me.. I've been told I'm a good listener," he stopped beating around the bush.

"Do you usually corner strangers into spilling their guts?" She asked, feeling slightly amused.

"Can't say that I don't." He shrugged simply.

"And did anyone tell you that you're also quite nosy?"

His perfectly shaped lips tugged up in a small smile, "A few times, yeah.... but I've decided not to dwell on negatives."

***********************

SYNOPSIS:

Could you fall in love with someone you never met, saw or spoke to?

Sounds unlikely?

****

Ella is an overworked college student whose only plan is to complete her degree proficiently. Sounds simple enough- but when she comes across a personal diary that sparks her curiosity, it's suddenly proven a little more than a speed bump.

Ella is intrigued, maybe even enamored.... but definitely in denial.

Hooked by the writer's endearing charm, sharp wit & beautiful penmanship, she begins an anonymous correspondence and with every confession, every single quip and joke, he wins her heart little by little while she loses herself in those letters.

Even though she has a lot of college assignments demanding her time, Ella makes it her mission to identify the unknown writer.

She defenestrates her logical plans & tortures herself by indulging in a nail-biting & probably a tad bit unhealthy mystery as she sets out on an expedition that would only come to an end when she finds the enigmatic scribbler.

And that just might be the most terrifying project she has ever taken on.

A modern romance with a touch of old school courtesy...

*********************

How was that for a synopsis? are you interested to know more? Wait, whoops, I skipped the greetings...

Hey everyone! Welcome to another story, I have worked really hard on this one, the story is an epistolary-humour-romance and the structure of this is pretty unique, I hope you kick back, relax and have fun as you read. I suggest being a little bit more patient on this journey.

I'd like to warn you beforehand that there might be some errors that I missed and I apologize for them, I hope it doesn't ruin your experience.

I'll soon revisit the story and polish it to be even better with fewer plot inconsistencies and errors. If you'd like to help me out with all that you can leave a comment with your editing advice and I'll definitely look into it.

 If you'd like to help me out with all that you can leave a comment with your editing advice and I'll definitely look into it

**********************************************