CHAPTER 2: Never Underestimate The Power Of Your Endocrine System.

CHAPTER 2:  Never Underestimate The Power Of Your Endocrine System

(REPLY)

*****************

25 Aug 2018

Hi!

(I clearly did not know how to begin, I've ripped this page from my notebook in hopes of writing to you a decent letter but I don't know if it'll be a favourable outcome.)

So...looks like somebody has a crush! Awww! Well, how does it work? Is she actually so beautiful and thoughtful, or one has to see from the 'beauty lies in the beholder's eyes'?

I am sorry, but I have seen really, really average girls being described as that by their lovers and then the girls like me who really are thoughtful and beautiful for a good range of beholders feel quite offended. Never mind. I sound quite bitter and I should stop before I start ranting about the absence of romance in my life.

So, planning to make a move at all? Or does she have a, should I say it out loud, 'boyfriend' already? If she doesn't, your letter is quite justified.

In many bird species, the male birds in tropical forests perform very specialised dances to impress the females. (One at a time I always hope.) Writing is no different when done for this purpose.

Never underestimate the power of your endocrine system (hormones, for commoners). If she has a boyfriend (or many. One can never assume.) however, then this effort is either creepy or the category of 'selfless love' and those things.

I must say you write well. (Or at least this one has come out well. People disappoint easily than impress consistently. Take my word for it.) Selfless love is good for poetry, particularly Ghazals. So if you aim to become a poet, you are on the right track. A few shots down you'll automatically write in rhyme.

This doesn't sound like the best advice at this point (or ever), but as cliche, as it seems, there are plenty of fish in the sea. You might find someone's straight hair or heck a perfect bob-cut as beautiful as the curls of your current beloved.

To be honest, I am a little curious now. Are you planning to ask her out? I would also like to know her response. Beyond the cynic that I sound here, I really am someone who roots for happy endings - hopefully, permanent but even temporary as the second option. If you are not, WHY the hell not? - then thank you for wasting my time well.

I read this during an extremely, dreadfully boring lecture. Now how do I give this back to you? Who, WHO forgets a notebook with something so ardently written inside under a tree in a college?! Is it of no value to you? Was this just for 'letting it out'? I would never know.

And I am going on writing. Great.

The clock struck one. My hunger overpowers my curiosity. I expect this lecturer lady to talk for two more minutes at max and wind things up. I have two options here. I keep this diary with myself or I keep it back under the tree.

But if it fell from your backpack because of your clumsiness, you won't even know where it fell! Maybe I should keep it under the tree for a while and take it back if no one takes it from there.

But how can I ensure that no one else takes it? Why do I care? No, I do. Why do I? Damn it!

Class adjourned.

****************************************************

Dedicated to @allg8namesrgone for your support on the story! Thank you! <3

Any thoughts on the story so far? I hope this chapter answered some of the many questions that the previous chapter raised, but much is to be explained... and it will be.

What would you do if you found a similarly intriguing diary?

Please don't forget to tap the star icon to vote and leave a comment if you like the story so far.

Thank you for reading.

************************************************************