Chapter 8

Ragini woke up as her phone went off. Without looking at the screen she picks it up.

"Hello!" She answers lazily.

"Ma" Hearing Deepak's voice from the other side she sat up and looked at her phone to see the number.

"Deepak?" Ragini wants to confirm if she is hearing things.

"Mamma" Ragini smiled listing to his voice.

"Hold on I need to talk to your mom." Ragini's heart suddenly skipped a beat hearing Harsha's voice from the other side of the phone.

"Mr. Rajvansh?" Hearing her calling out for him.

"Miss. Ga... Ragini. It's me Harsha speaking." Harsha said.

"I know that's why I called you out. Why are you calling me

early in the morning?" She said getting annoyed.

"Well I am sorry, I think you are not a morning person," Harsha said chuckling.

"I dont think you know anything about me that well." She said in her serious voice.

"Yes I dont know anything about you but I will wait till you open up." His voice was telling her that he is genuine.

"Why did you call me?" Ragini asked again.

"Oh, I almost forgot again. My family wants to meet you and discuss marriage..." Ragini cut his sentence in middle.

"Did you tell them about my past?" She asked anxiously.

"Umm...No. Actually..." She again cut his sentence in middle.

"Like seriously? Do you didnt tell them about my past? And you want them to agree to the marriage?" Ragini hits her forehead.

'Shit it feels like i am being desperate to be his wife.' She shakes her head.

"Listen Ragini I know it's my fault that I didnt tell them I forgot to tell them," Harsha said in a low voice.

"I am getting a doubt now that are you a businessman or not," Ragini said smiling.

"What is there to doubt about it? I am a powerful businessman in Mumbai." Harsha said as if he is offended.

"Then how could you forget important matters?" Ragini said again with a smile. She is liking to annoy him.

"Oh. Your right. No, not right. I am a businessman and there are many things for me to handle so it happens." Harsha said in hurry to correct his sentence.

"Oh, it happens." Ragini laughed hearing his answer.

Harsha felt happy listening to her laugh and the corner of his mouth curved up.

"Ok back to the point. I dont want to marry you like that. Tell your family about my past and if they accept then only I will marry you." Saying that Ragini hung up the call.

"Did she hang up on me?" Harsha looked at his phone in disbelief. Looking at his side he finds Deepak playing with his family.

"I think I dont have any other option now." saying that he wants near his family and stood in front of them.

"I need to tell you guys about her." His words gained everyone's attention.

"What?" Mr. Rajvansh asked.

"It's about her. She wants me to tell you about her past." He can feel everyone staring at him.

"She is a divorcee. And her name is Ragini." Hearing that everyone stood up.

"Ragini? Is she my daughter?" Mrs. Varma rushed toward Harsha and asked.

"No. I mean I dont know the full details. Please wait until I find out." Mrs. Varma collapsed on her seat and Mr. Varma supported her.

"Wait, she is a divorcee?" Harsha nodded at Mrs. Rajvansh's question.

"Yeah. When I called her she said you all know the truth about her past she will not marry me." Harsha said.

"At least she wanted to be honest." Mr. Varma said.

"Yeah. And I dont think there is anything wrong with her being a divorcee." Mr. Rajvansh said.

"Ok, then I am happy that she wants to be honest. But I need to meet her." Mrs. Rajvansh said.

"Yeah sure. Arjun will take you there." Arjun nodded listening to him.

"Ok, then I will also go with you." Mrs. Varma said.

"I dont think you can. Tomorrow is her birthday." Mr. Varma said.

"Oh. I'm sorry Ravi I think I can't come with you to meet her." Mr. Varma said.

"It's ok, tomorrow is very important to you." Mrs. Rajvansh said.

"Well it's final that mom, you are going with Arjun to meet her," Harsha said and kept a message to Ragini telling them about the meeting with his mom tomorrow.
---------------------
At Bhadi, Kolkata

Dadi sat in front of the gods with tears in her eyes.

"God, I am sorry. I don't know how I made such a mistake. But now all I want to ask you is to keep my child happy and safe wherever she is." Dadi prayed to god to keep Ragini happy.

Dadi's regret was eating her up from inside. Now all she wants is Ragini's happiness.

"God I just want my daughter to return to us. Please do something to make her return to us." Saharmistha cried in front of god.

"I don't want my granddaughter to return." Dadi turned towards Saharmistha and said seriously.

"Mom she is our daughter how come you don't want her to return?" Saharmistha asked in disbelief.

"That's the reason I don't want her to return. She can never be happy here. If she can be happy being far from us then I wish to god that she never returns." Dadi said in an angry tone and left to her room.

"No, she is my daughter she needs to return to her family, right?" Saharmistha questioned herself.
---------------------
At Maheshwari's House

Everyone in the family became silent. After Ragini let they felt empty. Men started to go to Company as usual except for Laksh and the women stayed silent with their regrets as they criticized her in the past.

"Ragini I am sorry please come back to me. I will not repeat my mistakes please come back to me." Laksh said looking at his and Ragini's marriage photo.

"Bro, I don't think she will be happy seeing you like this." Swara who saw him said from the door.

"She will like seeing me like this?" Laksh asked looking at Swara.

"Yes, Laksh she loved you. Whatever the past is, she will never want you to be like this. Try to be normal ok?" Swara said trying to give him some hope.

"Yeah, she loved me so much and will not like to see me like this. I need to try being normal, just like before." Laksh said to himself and went to the washroom to freshen up.

Swara sighed and left the room. Laksh got ready and went down and left to work as the men did. All ladies were shocked to see him out and already thanked Swara for making him go to the office.

In the office, Maheshawarie gets to know what Swara said to Laksh from Sanskar that made Laksh come to the office. They also supported him and were happy for him.