Chapter 18

Ragini was happy the whole week she had already decided to quit her part-time job. A night before she start college, after confirming that elders are not there around, Arjun and Deepak slowly went near Ragini's and Harsha's room and knocked on their room.

Ragini went to change into her night suite when they entered and Harsha sat on the bed and was doing his office work. Hearing the knock on the door Harsha went and opened the door only to see those little idiots standing in front of his room and smiling sheepishly.

"Why are you guys here?" Harsha asked them leaning to the door frame and not letting them in.

"We just..." Arjun was about to answer but was cut off by Ragini's voice who just came out after changing.

"Why are you standing there?" Ragini sees that Harsha was standing at the door and talking to someone, so she went near him and saw that Arjun and Deepak were standing out of their room.

"Why are you guys standing outside? Come in." Ragini permitted them to come in. Deepak and Arjun showed their tongue to Harsha and entered the room.

Deepak ran to Ragini and hugged her by her waist. Harsha closed the door and went back to do his work. All of them sat on the bed.

"Sis, you are going to my college only right?" Arjun wanted to confirm again. Ragini nodded her head with a smile.

"Don't worry sis I will be there to protect you." To which Ragini saw Harsha's face, who was busy doing his work.

"I don't want anyone to know that I am from this family." Harsha, Deepak, and Arjun frowned at her.

"What do you mean?" Harsha kept his laptop aside and gave her his full focus.

"I mean everyone will try to get close to me if they find out that I am your wife or this family's daughter-in-law. Everyone will either be scared of me or they will try to take advantage of me. I think Arjun faced such a problem." Everyone looked at Arjun who sighed and nodded his head.

"See that's what I don't want. I want someone to be my friend with genuine intentions not with ill intentions. I never had a genuine friend in my past." Ragini remembered Sanskar how she greeted him as her best friend and what he did to her. Remembering that tears formed in her eyes, which was noticed by Harsha.

"It's up to you to reveal your identity or not," Harsha said to which Arjun and Deepak nodded.

After having a bedtime talk Arjun left the room. Ragini took Deepak to his room and tucked him in his bed and waited will he fell asleep.

"You never had friends?" Harsha asked when she lay beside him.

"Had and then she turned out to be my step-sister and the other one, he left me after making me choose the wrong path and in return, all I got was pain through friendship," Ragini said looking into his eyes. Harsha clearly can see that she is still suffering from the past and can't able move on.

"Ragini, you are trying to move on but you are unable to right?" He asked directly.

"I am indeed trying to move on but when I am with you all I never once remembered the past. But few incidents and situations are there that remind me of the past that I am trying to move on from. And to be honest it doesn't hurt that much when it hurt before meeting your family." Ragini smiled.

"Sleep now tomorrow is the first day of your college, if you won't sleep now you will sleep during the classes tomorrow," Harsha said while smiling.

"But I am so excited for tomorrow that I am unable to sleep." Ragini pouted at him. Harsha sighed and sat up, Ragini also followed him and sat opposite him.