Chapter 24

In the car, Arjun clarified everything to the elders that happened after getting to know what Harsha had done with Ragini. They waited in the main hall to tell Harsha that he had done a big mistake.

Reaching home Ragini went directly to Deepak's room and laid him on his bed and changed him into his night suit. Later she went to her room and packed her clothes and shifted them into Deepak's room.

"Were you in the right state of mind when you were saying those words to Ragini?" Mr. Ravansh shouted at his son.

"You shouldn't have said that bro. You didn't even know what happened, do you?" Arjun explained to him how Deepak wanted to buy gifts for his birthday and how they forced Ragini to go out with them. Harsha didn't even know how to rectify his mistake now.

"You said the worlds which you shouldn't have. So go and apologize to her. Apologize until she gives you." Mrs. Rajvansh said and everyone left to their rooms leaving him alone standing there alone.

"W...what have I done?" Harsha ran to his room to talk to Ragini. Only to find the room empty. He waited and went to his wardrobe to change into a night suit to find Ragini's clothes are not there.

Running to Deepak's room he finds Ragini sleeping next to Deepak and sighs in relief seeing that she shifted to Deepak's room. He didn't want to disturb her and left his room.

The next day Ragini got up as usual and did all work she need for Deepak. Mrs. Rajvansh and Mrs. Vrama didn't want Ragini to do any work and they both made breakfast for everyone.

Harsha was all ready to apologize to Ragini. He knew that he messed up but he need to clear his mess. He joined everyone for breakfast. He kept looking at Ragini who was feeding Deepak.

She didn't speak a word with anyone till now except with Deepak. Everyone kept silent due to the incident that took place yesterday.

"Ragini dear why are you not having your breakfast?" Mr. Varma asked seeing her leaving the dining table.

"I'll have it at the college." Saying that she rushed out giving Deepak a goodbye kiss. Harsha and others understood that she is not only avoiding Harsha but everyone.

All the members turned to Harsha feeling their gauze he turned to see they were glaring at him. He gulped and slipped away from them.

Ragini avoided Arjun and all the others thorough out the day. Ragini returned home and went to Deepak's room. She played with Deepak. Deepak didn't find any changes in her but others did.

"Ragini can we talk to you?" Mrs. Rajvansh and Mrs. Varma were standing there out of the room. Ragini only nodded. They all sat on Deepak's bed.

"I know what Harsha said was wrong but the situation was just like when Deepak's parents died. He was in the meeting and got a call from the hospital saying that my elder son and daughter-in-law are no more. He broke down more than any of us. Yesterday's situation was just like that day..."Ragini stood up.

"Situation makes things worst mom. I know that because I experienced that. But that doesn't justify that person's actions and behavior." Tears rolled down her cheeks and s his words echoed in her head again.

"I tried as much as I can to be a good wife and daughter-in-law but he reminded me that the reason I am here is to be Deepak's mother. And I decide to be only Deepak's mother not anyone's daughter-in-law or anyone's wife. An I beg you not to tell Deepak anything, he will be hurt more than me." Saying that Ragini left them.

Deepak who say and didn't understand anything went straight near Arjun and demanded an answer. After forcing him Deepak got his answers. He might behave like a child in front of Ragini to get pampered but in reality, he is as intelligent as Harsha.

"Hello! Deepak? Are you ok? Why are you calling at this time? Is everything ok?" Harsha questioned as he saw it was Deepak's call.

"Dadda! You hurt Mumma?" One question from him made him hang up the phone. Harsha closed his eyes and stood up to go home.

"Ragini!" Entering the house he shouted her name. Ragini heard him and came out from the kitchen. All the elders were in the main hall as say him angry. He saw Ragini coming toward him in confusion.

"How dare you? Why in the hell did you tell Deepak about yesterday? I know what I did is wrong yesterday but how dare you tell him about yesterday?" He shouted hiding her wrist tightly.

"Let me go. You are hurting me." She said trying to free herself from his grip.

"Hurting? I don't think..." Arjun and Deepak saw everything from upstairs.

"Dadda?" Deepak's voice broke as he looked at his father hurting his mother. Ragini wiped her tears seeing Deepak coming down the stairs.

"Deepak? I..." Deepak walked past Harsha and took Ragini's hand in his and saw her red wrist.

"Is it hurting Mumma?" He asked as he looked at Ragini with teary eyes. Ragini bent to his height and shook her head in no.

"No Deepak, why will it hurt? You see I am a strong girl, I can never get hurt." Ragini embraced him and looked at Harsha with her teary eyes. He understood that he misunderstood Ragini again.

"I...I am so..." Ragini took Deepak in her arms and went to his room.

She came out and stood in front of Harsha who was ashamed of his behavior.

"Mr. Rajvansh, I know you love Deepak a lot. But don't think that others want to just him. I married you because I wanted to be Deepak's mom, not because you requested me. And from today I will only be as Deepak's mom neither your wife nor daughter-in-law of this house." Ragini said what she wanted to say and turned ot leave. Before climbing the stairs she stopped and looked at Harsha over her shoulder.

"I remembered what happened that night. And I think you also remember my past and try to respect me a little." Saying that she left him in shock. That night she said that she was not considered by anyone and by her words he understood that he was doing the same as her previous family. Deepak went to Harsha's room after confirming that Ragini is asleep.

"Dadda? Are you asleep?" He knocked on the door for the first time.

"Deepak! Come in. Why are you knocking on the door?" Harsha said and Deepak went and sat on his bed. Harsha sat next to him.

"Mom didn't say anything to me I demanded Arjun for the answer. You didn't ask me anything and blamed mom for this? It was my mistake to force her to go out for getting you a birthday present. I am also angry with you, but I will forgive you when mom forgives you." Deepak may behave childishly but he was clever like an adult. He stood up to leave but stopped at the door and looked at Harsha again.

"No matter what if you are my father then she is my mother." Deepak left Harsha speechless.

"I am sorry..." He whispered seeing the closed door.

In later days, he tried a lot to talk with Ragini and the family members also saw that Ragini was ignoring him by not giving him any chance to explain or apologize to her.

"I think you won't able to do it without our help." When Ragini left for college Arjun said and others nodded their head agreeing with him.

"Dad, you are poor at this." Deepak laughed at him as he drink his milk.

"Son, how are you born like this?" Mr. Rajvansh shook his head in disappointment.

"She was not even giving me any chance to apologize. What do I do now?" Harsha said with a sad face.

"Dad, we can help you to apologize to mom but with one condition." Deepak gave hope to Harsha.

"What is it?" He was ready to do anything to talk to Ragini.

"All you need to do is confess your feeling to her. And dont think that you can lie about confessing your feelings, I will be watching you." Harsha took a deep breath and agreed to his condition.

"Then, everyone come closer..." All the family members moved closer to Deepak and listened to him.

"So, the day after tomorrow is your birthday and forgiveness will be the best gift if only you get it," Arjun commented and everyone agreed with him.