Quiet night

Just want to say I'm only rewriting former chapters and I might make news from time to time but it won't be often anyways enjoy :)

The room fell into an eerie silence as the moonlight gently cascaded through the windows. Despite the tranquility that enveloped the space, Y/n remained restless beneath the covers, his mind swirling with an overwhelming torrent of thoughts.

A voice, relentless and harsh, echoed through his thoughts, taunting him. "What makes you think you're worth anything? You nearly got them killed, and now you want to sleep as if it meant nothing." The words cornered him, filling his head with a piercing ache and causing his heart to constrict, burdened by an oppressive weight.

"They're right. I am nothing but a fool," he whispered, feeling the tightening grip on his chest and the laborious rhythm of his breath. The weight of his thoughts began to crush him, his sanity slowly unraveling in the moonlit solitude. It was as if the moon itself bore witness to his torment, silently observing, burdened with his secret. Lost in these thoughts, Y/n succumbed to unconsciousness, leaving himself vulnerable to the night.

Faint snores emanated from Y/n as his eyes fluttered open, his hands instinctively moving to rub the sleep from them. However, he found himself unable to bring them close, as he noticed the warmth beneath him. Turning his gaze upwards, he met the gaze of crimson eyes, staring back at him. Her eyes held no aggression, only weariness and contentment. The arms that held him tightened slightly as he heard the soft voice of the fox-like girl cradling him.

"~ Ara Ara, my sweet commander is awake in Akagi's embrace~," she cooed, and he found solace in resting against her chest. She hummed gently, her fingers entwining in his locks of hair, delicately brushing over his skin, soothing him. "Akagi... why am I in your room?" he asked, his voice filled with curiosity. In response, the kitsune drew him closer to her, a playful smile gracing her lips. "Commander-sama, you seemed burdened, so Akagi took it upon herself to ease your troubles. I hope you don't mind, commander-sama~," she whispered, her chuckle barely audible. Y/n, seeking comfort, pressed himself into her again, longing for sleep to claim him once more.

Akagi's smile widened, her melodic hum lulling him into a state of serenity. He loosened one hand from her back, interlacing his fingers with hers, planting a tender kiss on her cheek. Surrendering to the embrace of slumber, he nestled closer to Akagi, her eyes closing with a peaceful smile, her tails enveloping him until morning arrived.