"I'm sorry for pulling you into this mess."

When a person has extreme social anxiety, they struggle to communicate to others.

Bear in mind, that they only struggle to form connections, it doesn't really mean that they don't want to.

"It's just, I wish I could speak."

It's a beautiful sunny day, (Y/n) stares at the mirror in her bedroom with a blank expression on her face. Opening her black briefcase bookbag, she puts her items inside and closes it after checking it again and again for three consecutive times.

Loud bangs can be heard from the other side of her bedroom door before it was swung open rather harshly.

There, stood her one and only childhood friend, Susie. Though she might seem harsh to others, she's got a soft spot for (Y/n) who would always treat her to lunch.

And that was actually how they met in the first place.

Many would always tell to the (h/c) girl that she and her friend were polar opposites. Instead of saying anything, she would stare at them and they'd feel peer pressure from her stare, while in reality she wanted to note about it and was shocked that someone would approach her. Susie would then chase them away as she'd thought they were making fun of her.

"Yo, (Y/n)." She greeted, leaning against the human girl's bedroom walls. "You better treat me to lunch again since you forgot to give the usual shit." Ah, right, chalk.

She nodded and did a thumbs up in reply. Susie smugly smiles at her answer.

"Come on, let's go before one of your sisters beats the shit outta us." The purple lizard grabs the quiet girl's wrist, rushing out of her home and enter the school.

Once they were in, she lets go of her wrist and they both walked towards their homeroom. (Y/n) puts her bag in her locker, pulling out a notebook and a pencil as Susie slams the door open.

The whole room went silent because of her appearance, as her other friend was just standing behind her.

"ʰ ʰⁱ ˢᵘˢⁱᵉ" Alphys whispered, unaware that the other girl was behind her.

The brawny purple lizard takes a few steps in and (Y/n) became visible and just stood by the doorframe.

"...are we late?"

"ʷᵉ"? ˢʰᵉ ᵐᵘˢᵗ ᵇᵉ ᵗᵃˡᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵃᵇᵒᵘᵗ ʸⁿ ʰᵘʰ" Alphys muttered to herself again, just before noticing (Y/n)'s pressuring stare.

"Ohh, n-no! You're fine! W-we were just, uh...." She trailed off.
"Ch-choosing partners for the next group project, and... Umm, Susie, (Y/n), you're with Kris!"

"...great."

Alphys smiles weakly as she turns to the class, sweating profusely. "N-now that everyone's here, I'll write the assignment!"

She walks over to her desk to find some pristine white chalk... but there was nothing there.

She looks around frantically before facing the class again. "Uhh.... H-has anyone seen the chalk? This is the third time it's gone missing, and... Y-you all know I can't start class without some!"

No one in class speaks up. That's... expected.

"H-how about this? If no one speaks up... E-everyone gets in trouble!" Alphys called for help.

...But no one answered.

"A... Anyone? P... Please?"

After a while someone spoke up.
"Hey, there might be a box in the supply closet..." Noelle noted to herself "Miss Alphys, why don't Susie and I..." She continued, as Alphys interrupted her.