Nightmares (Scarlett Johansson)

Summary: Scarlett's adopted daughter gets a nightmare from when her family died in a car accident. Luckily, Scarlett is there to comfort her.

⚠️TW⚠️: Car crash, nightmare, flashback, blood, death

Requested by someone, but I lost the comment, I'm so sorry

Word count: 774 words

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was back there.

Again.

I was in the car with my family.

We were singing our hearts out to a song, and we were all smiling and laughing.

I knew what was going to happen next.

I tried to alert my father who was driving, but he couldn't hear me.

I wanted to shout, but no words were coming out of my mouth.

Suddenly a truck came out of nowhere, hitting us from behind. Everyone screamed. The car flipped twice before landing upside down in the middle of the road. Everything I could feel was the pain. Like a thousand needles were stabbing me simultaneously.

I managed to crawl out of the wreck before collapsing on the side of it. I was getting dizzy, probably from the blood-loss, but I pushed myself back towards the wrecked car. I could see my father with his head on the steering wheel.

The back of his head was bleeding, and he wasn't moving. I saw my mother next to him. Her neck was snapped. You could still see the fear and shock on her face, but her eyes were empty.

I saw my sister in the backseat. A giant cut across her face with little pieces of glass stuck in it. Her leg at a strange angle, and with the same empty eyes as my mother. My vision started getting blurry from all of my tears.

I held her body close to mine, begged her to wake up, begged for the ambulance to come here, but it was too late. Dead. They were all dead. The force of the collision had killed them instantly.

I screamed. I screamed at the top of my lungs, so hard that I thought I was going to rip my vocal cords. This couldn't be happening. My family, my everything, dead.

The last thing I heard before blacking out were sirens. They were too late.

I was woken up by my own scream. I shot up in my bed, drenched in sweat and tears. My whole body was shaking uncontrollably, and my normal breathing pattern was nonexistent. I curled up into a ball, trying to comfort myself while choking on my tears.

I could hear rushed footsteps and a door being opened, but it seemed distant. Everything I could focus on was my dead sisters body, how I had held on to it for dear life.

I felt the bed dip beside me, and suddenly someone embraced me in a hug. I flinched away at first, but then I sank into the hug, needing the comfort desperately. I could hear someone talking to me, but I couldn't make out the words.

"Sweetheart, it was just a nightmare, you're okay, I got you." It was Scarlett. When I noticed it was her, I clung on to her tighter.

"Just try and focus on my voice baby, can you do that for me?" She asked softly and I nodded. "You're okay, it was just a nightmare, I'm here", she reassured me. I wasn't shaking anymore, but tears were still streaming down my face.

Scarlett then cupped my face and forced me to look into her emerald green eyes. "Baby, look at me, you're okay", she said. "Breathe with me bubs, deep breaths", she told me and I tried to mimic her breathing.

She put my head on her chest so that I could hear her heartbeat while calming down. Hearing her heartbeat always helped me, so while my breathing got more regular, Scarlett whispered sweet things to me while rubbing my back.

"Are you feeling better now?" Scarlett asked when my breathing had steadied and when all you could hear were occasional sniffles. "Yeah, thanks", I mumbled, not really trusting my voice not to crack.

"Of course baby, you're safe here", Scarlett reassured me. "I'm sorry", I muttered. "Why are you sorry baby? You have nothing to be sorry for", Scarlett asked. "I'm sorry for waking you up..."

"Hey, don't be sorry about that, I'm just glad I could help you", Scarlett told me. "Do you want me to leave or to stay?" Scarlett asked softly. "Stay please", I mumbled, still clinging on to Scarlett.

"Okay baby, wake me up if you need something okay?"

"Okay."

"Night baby", Scarlett whispered. "Night momma", I answered before falling asleep to Scarlett softly humming a song while stroking my back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you have any requests or ideas, don't hesitate to leave them here, I'm working on the requests i've already recieved

Remember to take care of yourselves, eat or drink a little something if you haven't already today, take a break if you feel like you need it <3

Love you all xx