Cheeky (Angad's POV)

Angad was seated at the dining table in the dining space when he saw his mother walk in with her Yoga mat in hand. She closed the door behind her and then paused in surprise, not expecting to see her son up at this hour. She surveyed his posture and demeanour. He was clearly peppy and wide awake. 

"You seem to be in a good mood today," she remarked, "And why are you up so early?" 

"Good morning to you too. I made french toast," Angad raising his glass to her. 

She seemed even more surprised to see a plateful of food in front of him and some in the pan. Despite being a good cook Angad rarely entered the kitchen.

"Did something happen last night?" she asked as she sat down opposite him with a plate, a knife and an apple. 

Angad took a second to relive the kiss he had shared with Meera. The cold, night breeze, the feel of her soft lips, the brush of her hair. He almost had to shake his head to bring himself back from that moment. 

"It was a successful party, that's all. Very fun," he answered finally with a grin.

She gave him a knowing smile and sliced the apple into quarters before taking a bite. 

Before either of them could say a word, a sleepy Yug emerged from the guest bedroom yawning. His hair spread limply over half his face and his shirt hung low around his neck. 

"Good morning," he mumbled sleepily. 

"Good morning Yug," Kirti aunty said without missing a beat. 

"Oh sorry, I forgot to tell you Yug was sleeping over. As usual, he went a little overboard last night," Angad explained.

"With the amount of noise you made after you got in last night it would be hard not knowing." 

"Sorry about that," he apologized as Yug stumbled back into the dining area. 

"Did we run out of my coffee?" Yug asked, his eyes half-closed. 

"Yes. I forgot to buy some more. There is still the regular kind of coffee," Kirti aunty said. 

"I don't know why you even like that stuff. It tastes like acid," Angad shook his head. 

Yug was too hungover to reply sassily. 

"There's some french toast in the pan if you want," Angad called after him. 

They ate in silence for a few minutes with only the sounds of Yug cluttering about in the kitchen in the background. He finally emerged with a plate of Angad's french toast and some coffee and sat next to Angad on the table. 

"How's the new semester going?" Kirti aunty asked once Yug had gulped down most of his beverage. 

"Wonderful," Angad said at the same time Yug said, "Normal."

"Really? Wonderful? I've never seen you this optimistic about your academics ever," she said with a raised eyebrow. 

"That's because it isn't about his academics," Yug mumbled through a mouthful of French toast. 

"What is it about?" she asked inquisitively. 

"Making the most of our last year in college," Angad cut in hastily before Yug could say anything that would make his mother grill him. 

"Cut the crap, man," Yug interjected, "you guys are totally salivating after Elvis. I might've been drunk but not enough to not notice the very obvious--" 

"Yug!" Angad cut him off and stared with wide eyes. 

"Elvis?" Kirti aunty's brows knit together in confusion.