Letter 27.

Dear Brandon,

Sorry for being a week late with my letter this time. Work was fun. Brittany kept piling my desk with new files all week and I had no time to even curse her in peace. We managed to hire some really good candidates though. Work sure did drain the life out of me. But then there's Josie, our daughter who brightens my day with her mere presence. If it wasn't for her I don't think I would've survived through this tough fortnight. And she's gotten stubborn just like her father. She is adamant that she wants a bicycle and I am tired of explaining to her that she is too small to ride one. I'm telling you she reminds me of her daddy in so many ways. Oh and Blake is trying to teach her football but your daughter seems to hate the sport. But your brother is nowhere near giving up. He drags her to every game he can along with his boys.

I know you are tired of reading this, but she does have your eyes. I look at those blue eyes and that's my undoing. She wins the argument. You'd be surprised to know just how grown up she is now. Just two days back she said that she wants to be a soldier like you, like her daddy. It brought a smile on my face. And yet I couldn't suppress the small ache in my heart because I'm not sure how I am supposed to feel about that. I know she's just a kid and that maybe this isn't what she wants to do in life but if it happens that she serves her country guarding the borders I'd be terrified than proud. I can't bear to lose my only reason for being alive

Everything in this house a constant reminder or our memories here. The door from where you left and never came back to me , the landline remaining me of the calls when you were heartbroken of not being able to attend Josephine's birthdays , the letters you wrote to me when in war - engraved with your handwriting , the dining table where we had our happy times together, the photos hanging on our walls and the symbol of our love , our daughter (she misses you so much). I know it's silly and you're probably making fun of me for writing a letter every week but I need something to keep me going. I need that last bit of you however I can get it. So as long as I live there's always going to be a letter with So as long as I live there's always going to be a letter with those lilies on your grave every week.

I wish you were here.

I miss you.

I love you.

Yours and only yours,

Sophia Brandon Archibald.