CH, 1

ODA WATCHED THEM, perched on a nearby mountain. Their spacecraft is the shape of a triangle, emerging from the thickening clouds, the sun shining brightly behind them. Mesopotamia, then was a barren land with scattered settlements constantly getting disrupted by the ever changing mood of the environments and the pests that had been labelled as Deviants.

She knew what they were, she knew their purpose, or what was their purpose. She knew why the Eternals were here, but she could quench the curiosity that was blossoming like a virgin bride. She watched as the one named Ikaris, - a stupid name - flew at the emerging deviant, pushing it into the distance before flying up and finishing the job.

Oda watched them, head perched on her palm, dress flapping in the wind. They look interesting. She had concluded her eyes focusing on the mind bender and the speedster, them especially. Thena, her niece. Daughter of Zuras, her brother. Well, her half brother, they never considered her one of them. Half breed.

The Ice Giantess had figured that was enough entertainment for the day, stood and turned to walk away, she turned back to them. One last glance, she gave them and walked away disappearing into thin air.

7,000 years later. The students of her class stood in front of her, heads bent and shoulders hunched as their pens scribbled on paper. She paced slowly around the room, her footsteps quiet and careful. She peaked over their shoulders, making sure they were following the work given. Dane's head of fluffy white hair bobbed past the classroom door. The Black Knight, her mind whispered to her, holder of the ebony blade. She ignored the intrusive thoughts and returned to her job.

"Miss?" a youg girl, Ashra, a young Palestinian girl who she had grown fond of. "Yes Ashra." Oda replied, giving the girl a calming smile and maneuvering through the table and to her. She crouched beside the young girl. "What is it?" the girl pointed to the question, she looked it over and noticed the fervent rubbing out of past answers. "What don't you understand about it?"

"Erm, are we meant to divide it then times it or is it the other way round?"

Oda ah'ed as she realised what the girl was alluding to. She motioned for the pencil in Ashra's hand and dusted off the rubber residue and began going over the question. She explained it slowly, making sure to leave detailed working out for the girl to follow for the following questions. "Miss Fassbender." her name was called from the door.

She looked up, it was Dane. She stood up and gave Ashra a light pat on the shoulder and a smile before she made her way to the other teacher. "What is it Dane?" she asked in faux concern, closing the class door behind her softly. "Is everything alright?"

Dane had always been awkward, fumbling over words and his feet, tripping over his thoughts and how to articulate them without seeming weird. Over the years as he's grown he's gotten better, he had the occasional slip up and the trip of words. But it seems that his weakness was women, beautiful women in particular, and he was surrounded by two on a daily basis. Oda and Sersi, despite being in a relationship with Sersi, Dana still couldn't retract his attraction to the other teacher.

She waited for him to speak, her foot tapped unconsciously, waiting. "Dane." she called his name, her voice pulling him from his day though. "What is it?"

"Have you heard from Sersi? She is abnormally late, later than usual, and she's not answering my calls." he said worryingly.

She watched with bored eyes as he paced a short distance in the hallway. "I'm sure she's just running late, like she normally does." she said, trying to offer some sort of comfort. She was failing of course but she continued. "Maybe the tube is running slower than normal, they've been fixing the tracks lately."