CH, 3

SERSI, IKARIS AND SPRITE WERE OPPOSITE HER, sitting by her kitchen table with their own individual cups of tea billowing smoke. Oda stood by the kitchen island, hip rested on the edge and ankles crossed as she sipped on her hot brew of green tea. Occasionally looking at them over the rim of her orange mug her eyes drifting over them. "So..." she dragged out, placing the mug down, and pushed it away from the edge.

"Who exactly are you?" Sersi asked in her Cinderella-esque queen's English.

"I'm your glorified babysitter." Oda joked, crossing her arms over her chest. No one laughed. Ikaris' eyes bore into her squinting dangerously as the rims of his eyes glowed gold. "Ah ah ah. No, no. Not in my house Ikaris. If you want to fight we can do that outside. So you better dim those light bulbs of yours." She pointed at him, giving him her own glare.

Ikaris, with a hit from Sersi agreed with her request but still kept his skeptical glare firm on his face. "Good boy." she mocked. His scowl deepened. "You still haven't answered my question, who are you?" Sersi cut in.

Oda twisted her lips as her gaze swept over the three in. A quick glance before opening her mouth to give them the long awaited answer. "My name is Oda Ymirdottir. Ajak... how do I explain this? She asked me to look after you all... in a way. Does that make sense?"

"Why would we need you?" Ikaris asked, his head tilted in a condescending way. "Were-."

"I know! You're Eternals, yadah yadah yadah. I know, I saw you land in east Mesopotamia 7,000 years ago."

"How have we never met you?"

Oda just shrugged her shoulders. "I just never bothered to introduce myself, just watched from afar. An entertained spectator watching the soldiers of the glorified Optimus Prime we call Arishem."

"You know Arishem!" Sprite asked with vibrant excitement in her voice as she leaned forward slightly.

Oda rolled her eyes. "Who doesn't know Arishem the Judge! If you've lived long enough you'll cross paths." She said with indifference as the three looked at her with varying emotions. "Back to Ajak. she asked me to look after you all, I'm not going to go into the specifics, you can do that when you go see her, which I know you're planning to do. I swear I won't interfere more than I need to, which won't be hard because who wants extra work? No one."

"How do we know Ajak actually sent you?" Oda rolled her eyes and reached for the kitchen drawer next to her, and without looking rummaged through the drawer filled with miscellaneous items that had accumulated over the years until her fingers felt the velvet pouch. "Here." she threw the heavy medallion at the three, the heavy item landing in front of Sprite.

The smallest Eternal picked up the heavy object, and pulled out the intrinsically designed medallion and held it in her palm for the other two to see for themselves. "It's hers."

Oda picked up her cup of tea and nursed it to her chest before taking a sip. "I know you plan on going to her, you should. She has the answers you're looking for." She took another sip.

"You're not coming with us?" said Sprite.

"I'm not going to follow you everywhere, I do have a life." Oda rolled her eyes. "Give me your phone." she held out her hand to Sersi who tentatively handed over her iphone. Oda turned it around to her. "No password? You're brave." she commented and tapped on her contacts and added her number to the Eternal's phone and handed it back. "Call me when you get there. I mean it."

She turned to look at Ikaris, his hardened glare not letting up for a moment. She tilted her head from the side, a memory coming forth that she could firmly place him in. but she dismissed it and rolled her eyes at the petulant child. One would think 7,000 years would wisen a man to be able to distinguish his allies from his foes. "She lives in South Dakota, by the way. But you should know that Ikaris."