CH,6

A COUPLE THOUSAND YEARS AGO. She outstretched her hand to the masses under the cliff, then stood motionless, expressionless as she took hold of their minds and effectively their body. 250,000 men, all looking to her as if she were their messiah.

Odin's heavy boots sounded behind her as he took his place next to her and looked over the cliff. "What should we do with them?" He mused looking over at his great aunt, who he was named after.

"Erase them completely. They are no longer human, not in body or essence." She mused, her eyes roving over each individual face.

"Is that wise?" Odin asked.

"Unless you have an idea you are yet to tell."

Odin said nothing. With a twitch of her middle finger, all 250,000 men were lifted from the floor, apprehension filled the bones of the Asgardian king as he watched the sheer power that she held in her mind.

He knew this was a mild representation of what she could do. Capturing the minds of thousands of men was mere child's work to the goddess. He'd heard the stories as a child about the battles she and his grandfather and subsequently his father had embarked on, building the path for Asgard.

He feared her, only a fool wouldn't. No being in this twisted universe should possess the power she has. He watched with a racing heart as her finger lifted. The winds stilled, and the animals quietened. All witnesses' to true power in its unadulterated form. A sickening snap resounded as all 250,000 necks were snapped simultaneously with frightening ease. "Burn" she said and the bodies caught on fire instantly. The smell of burning flesh was quick to perfume the air as the bonfire raged on.

Oda turned to her great nephew and placed a comforting hand on his armoured shoulder. "Return to Asgard, I can take over from here." She urged. "Frigga is waiting for you, I hear Thor will be joining us any day now."

"Aye. If that is all..."

Oda gave him a smile and patted his thick cheek, "take your men home, return to your wife and I will stay here". The Asgardian reluctantly did as she said and summoned Heimdall with a loud roar and the Bifrost in all its glamorous glory swept up the entirety of the Asgardian army and it's ruler until nothing but the marking of the Bifrost was left. "You can come out now sweetheart." she called out. Makkari emerged from the covers of the forest. Oda flew over to her, ignoring the landfill of burning bodies behind her. "Now what are you doing here?" she asked as she landed in front of the speedster. Makkari looked up at the Goddess and just shrugged her shoulders.

Oda giggled and wrapped an arm around the woman, pulling her to her side and steered them away from the site. 'What was that?' Makkari asked through their telepathic link, as she tried to look behind them. Oda looked down at her with a blank look. 'Just a contamination issue' Oda answered vaguely. 'Where's Druig?'.

'In bed, he's sick' Oda gave her a disbelieving look. 'Sick?' Makkari nodded in confirmation. 'I'm gonna have to teleport us there.' She gave the speedster a warning, knowing how much hated traveling that way. Makkari gulped and held onto Oda tighter. She gave a tap of confirmation in Oda's bronze bodice, and in a flash they were in his room.

Makkari and Oda looked down at the bed ridden mind bender. "He really is sick." Oda stated in surprise as she rounded the bed and sat by his side and pulled off his hand from his face. "Hello gorgeous. Our little speedster told me you were sick." she cooed and placed her own hand on his forehead. "My head hurts." he grumbled. She hummed in acknowledgement as continued her check up. Makkari rounded the bed as well and leaned over Oda's shoulder to see what she was doing. "He's got Immortalis Frigus." She diagnosed.