CH, 2

4 DAYS PRIOR. Oda was prone to boredom faster than she's willing to admit. Staring off into the distance reminiscing of time long gone, wishing she had savoured those moments. Ajak knew the minute she saw the Ice Giantess she'd be unable to dismiss the request she was about to make. Ajax waited by the door of her small shack located in the middle of South Dakota.

"Ajak..."

"Hello Oda, It's been a long time."

Oda rolled her eyes at the Eternals' joyous attitude, but still a smile quirked at the corner of her. "What do you want Ajak? I know I'm not here for a little reunion, you want something." she said, cutting straight to the point as she took a seat on one of the chairs on the front porch.

"You never did beat around the bush." Ajak mused taking a seat beside her, her hands between her legs as a light shiver ran through her body. Oda noticed, and with a light flourish of her fingertips, thin silver lines of energy surrounded Ajak and warmed her up. "Thank You." She thanked the goddess with a grateful nod.

"The emergence... it's soon. I need to ask something of you."

Oda huffed but listened. "What is it?"

"Protect them, I need you to do that for me." Ajak placed her hand on her knee, with pleading eyes. "This will be new territory for them, stopping the birth of a Celestial, potentially killing it... you're the only one who has successfully done both, multiple times from what I've heard."

Oda scoffed, "What's in it for me?"

"You'll have an excuse to see him." Oda drew in a sharp breath as her lungs halted momentarily. Ajak continued. "When you left him... you broke him."

"Don't start with this Ajak." She groaned, turning away from the Prime Eternal. "You know why I did it."

The brown haired woman placed a comforting hand on Oda's back, stroking her hand up and down comfortingly. "You could have told him Oda! He would have understood." The Goddess turned her head away and looked over at the extensive stretch of rolling green hills. Oda knew there was no rebuttal to support her stance. She could've told him, she should have told him but the words never came.

"He would have insisted on coming with me.." she weakly said.

Ajak released a chuckle. "Yes he would've."

"His arrogance, and his stubbornness would have been a distraction..."

"And he would have done something that would have compromised you both..." Ajak finished off, "He only loses his sense when it comes to you, because he loves you."

Oda never doubted that, his love for her was something he wore on his sleeve, something he wasn't ashamed of admitting, something much to the disgust she felt towards herself had exploited a handful of times through the centuries they had spent together. Druig was a mystery, an unsolvable person to everyone but himself, that was the first thing she fell for, his self awareness. The ability to acknowledge his weaknesses and limitations and make an actual effort to better himself. A rare quality to find. Be it in god or man.

"You still love him too, I can see it. It physically pains you being this far away from him for this long."

"Ajak, please just shut up." Oda asked, moving her body away from Ajak's touch and standing up and moving further down the porch and leant against the worn down banister. Tired of the current topic they were on. she sniffed loudly and rubbed her nose. "I've done enough favours for you over the years Ajak, to protect you and your little band..."

"And I will always be grateful. But all I'm asking is for one more favour."

Oda laughed so wide the corner of her eyes crinkled. "Why do you say it everytime?"