four

Jade woke up extra early that Wednesday morning. It was just 5 am when she crept into her mom's room. She swung the wooden door open revealing her mother lying face down on her bed with black heels still placed on her feet.

"Tsk tsk." Jade frowned and took off the shoes, being careful not wake her. She walked close to her bed and stroked her mother's face. Her dark hair was pulled away from her face in a high bun, revealing the bags under her shut eyes.

Jade kissed her forehead before tiptoeing out of the dim lit room, closing the door slightly behind her.

Jade left the house, wind whipping her straightened hair. She rode on her red bike to the local coffee shop where she was supposed to meet Perrie. Sun rained down on her skin. The sky broke for the girl, something always did.

The ride was short and quiet. The sleepy neighborhood not quite awake yet.

In five minutes she arrived. The small shop was painted blue and if Jade wasn't confident that Perrie was already there she would've stopped and taken a picture.

She swung the door open and a bell chimed. The smell of cinnamon and sugar enveloped her.

Jade immediately noticed her friends platinum blonde hair peeking out from under a heavy black hoodie. Jade creeped behind her, trying to be quiet.

She then threw her sweater clad arms over Perrie's shoulders causing her to yell. Loudly.

"Gosh. You're so irritating," Perrie groaned, breathing heavily.

Jade threw her head back and clapped her hands.

"It's not that funny," Perrie huffed, hiding her own smile.

"I'm sorry," Jade cooed, hugging Perrie tightly.

"Mmm," Perrie hummed. She then dropped her arms from around Jade and turned to the host. "Table for two pretty please."

"Of course," she said. Jade recognized her as Ally from the cheer team. She was like 14 and already working. "It's seat yourself day. Oh hey don't you go to my school?"

"Yeah," Jade nodded. "Hi Ally."

"Hey," she greeted, handing the girls their menus.

"You work before school?" Perrie questioned, tilting her head.

"When I have to," Ally answered shortly. The bell sounded again and she seemed to relax. "See you guys later."

Perrie linked arms with Jade and lead the two to a booth by a large window.

The two sat down across from each other, both shoving their backpacks under the table.

"I hate waking up early, but I love eating breakfast with you," Perrie sighed.

"Aw," Jade giggled. "And I you. I swear everyone thinks we're couple."

Perrie shrugged.

"So what's going on with your parents?" Jade questioned, squinting.

"Nothing. They aren't around for there to be something," Perrie stated, biting on her thumbnail. "Let's talk about anything else."

"I do kinda have something to tell you," Jade said, nervously.

"Wait, is it bad?"

"It's not good exactly."

"Let's start with something nice," Perrie protested. "I'm loving the plaid."

Jade looked down at her plaid skirt and played with the hem.

"Why thank you," Jade smiled. Perrie's compliments didn't come all that often so she made sure to cherish them when they did.

"Well now to your thing," Perrie laughed. As a waiter started walking towards them Perrie mouthed '5 minutes'.

"So I'm pretty sure Jesy slept with Jason," Jade blurted.

The moment the words came out Jade wanted to take them back.

"Oh," Perrie stammered. "Are you sure?"

"She was in my house, Jason was all over her. While I was studying there were banging sounds. And on that note why he had to come to our house to do it is beyond me."

Perrie rubbed her temples, keeping her eyes trained on her menu.

"I think I'll get pancakes," Perrie mumbled.

"That's it?" Jade asked, nervously.

"Well what do you expect me to do? Slut shame her? I'm not a kid," Perrie said, shaking her head. "We're not dating. She barely even knows I exist. I just I don't like the age difference. "

Jade nodded. Jason was 23 and Jesy was barely legal. "Jason's a pig anyway."

"True," Perrie smiled. "So Ally's pretty cute."

"I'm saving myself for Leigh," she joked, taking a sip of her water.

"I wasn't asking you to sleep with her, little one. Bless she's literally a freshman."

"She's cute I guess," Jade nodded.

"Yeah. Yeah I guess," Perrie echoed. She started to play with her fingernails, a nervous habit.

Jade looked at her friend and decided that Perrie was lonely and she didn't know what to do about it.