seven

"Hello there," Jade said in a sing-songy voice, approaching Perrie who was sitting cross legged at the base of a large tree.

Their younger selves had affectionately named it the Jerrie tree after the two had snuck off to it during lunch for the first time.

"Oh hi best friend who hasn't talked to me all day," Perrie said, patting the spot next to her. "Here take a seat on this grass, it's not Leigh's lap but it'll do."

"Ha ha ha, very funny. But you won't be making fun when I tell you what happened earlier."

"Actually wait a bit, I want at least 15 minutes with no crush based talk."

"Oh," Jade said, frowning. "Okay."

So the two ate in silence with their phones in their faces, every now and then pausing to show the other something interesting on their tumblr dash.

When the 15 minutes ended it was Perrie who broke the silence.

"So I talked to Jesy today," Perrie said, smiling widely.

"I saw," Jade said, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Tell me you weren't eavesdropping," Perrie groaned. "If you heard me stumble on my words I'm going to literally cry."

"Literally?" Jade asked dramatically, her hands covering her mouth.

"I hate you."

"Hey, no being rude under the Jerrie tree."

"Anyways," Perrie said, rolling her eyes. "I'm tutoring Jesy which is pretty cool."

"Do you want some help? I'd love to spend some more time at the library," Jade teased, taking a sip of water.

"I'd love to spend some time in between her thighs so no."

"Jesus Christ," Jade coughed.

"I'll give you some time," Perrie said, smirking.

"Nah mate I'm good. I just didn't expect you to frame it that way."

Perrie giggled, "Yeah okay. So what's the latest with Leigh?"

"I'm her new private photographer." Jade's eyebrows wiggled once more.

"Ooh steamy photo sessions," Perrie said, beginning to tickle her friend.

Jade laughed. "Bye."

"I'll stop if you tell me your favorite body part on Leigh," Perrie promised, continuing to tickle her.

"I-I know what you want me to s-say," Jade said gasping for air. "But it's her h-hair."

"Understandable," she said, not stopping.

"And h-her smile."

"Say butt, you know you want to say butt."

"Fine."

"Fine what?" Perrie said, laughing herself.

"I am Jade Thirlwall and I think Leigh has a great ass," Jade said, louder than she would've hoped.

"Oh."

Perrie stopped to turn and see Ally standing smiling awkwardly at the girls.

"I mean I think so too," Ally said, shrugging.

Perrie smiled fondly at the younger girl.

"Watch yourself," Jade murmured under her breath.

Perrie burst out laughing once more.