ten - epilogue

3 months pass and Leigh is different. Not necessarily a bad different. In fact, she's the best different.

She isn't a sex symbol to Jade, or at least not in the same way. She isn't some unattainable fantasy, especially not when she's sitting on Jade's bed, eating instant Mac and Cheese with a small orange stain on her shirt.

She's just Leigh. The girl who sneaks into Jade's room at night with her laptop because she couldn't wait to show a new short film to her girlfriend. The girl who is constantly in commercials. Sometimes sniffing candles and other times biting into a piece of chocolate as french songs play in the background. She's the one who bakes cupcakes for her History teacher because that's her favorite subject. Jade knows what Leigh's favorite subject is. Jade knows lots of things about her as of late.

Like the way Leigh tugs on her bottom lip when she's nervous. And the way whenever the two go out she grabs Jade's hand. Jade knows that her girlfriend is not ashamed of her. Jade knows that when Leigh lets her log into her iTunes to download an album or buys her expensive clothing it doesn't mean she's showing off. It means she wants her girl to be happy. Jade knows that Leigh likes introducing her to people as "my girl".

Jade knows that she's truly falling and that is the best feeling.

On one Sunday morning, Leigh was reading Jade a note she had recently gotten from her agent. It's important to note the position they were in. Jade was stretched out on Leigh's bed. Light brown legs contrasting against the white fluffy sheets. She had just gotten off of a phone call with Perrie who was excited to inform Jade that her third date with Emily had gone well. Leigh had set them up, saying that "cheerleaders are girlfriend material" which Jade responded to by covering her cheeks with light kisses.

Leigh sat on her desk, a white laptop in her lap.

"Dearest Leigh Anne," Leigh read in a high-pitched voice. "We both know the reason you didn't get the part. I know you have your partner and all, but that shouldn't halt you from sexing it up for the camera."

"Is sexing a verb?" Jade snorted, pushing back her glasses.

"Apparently," Leigh sighed, pulling a stray braid away from her eyes. Then she continued, "Now they've found another minority girl and you've missed a really big opportunity."

"Babe..." Jade sat up, eager to comfort her.

Leigh swiveled her chair so that she faced her.

"I don't even know why I thought I could do a lingerie commercial. I'm not sexy," she muttered, releasing a dry laugh. "I don't even have sex."

Jade did not what to say to this end.

"It doesn't bother you. Does it?" Leigh questioned, tears welling up in her eyes. "That we don't...?"

"Of course not!" Jade yelled immediately, with a wide smile on her face. "Don't you know how much you mean to me?"

Leigh allowed a small smile to emerge on her lips and wiped away the tears that ran down her cheeks.

Jade got up and walked over to her, kneeling so that her head was just below Leigh's.

"I don't care that you didn't get some 15 second commercial. I don't care that you're not on some VIP list. Don't you get it? You're my very important person." It was cheesy, but it was perfect. Jade carefully brought Leigh's hand to her mouth and lightly kissed it.

"God you always have to be goddamn sweet," Leigh chuckled in between sniffles. "I can't even begin to explain how I feel and I feel so much. Like what am I supposed to say? I'm so far up your ass I can see Perrie?"

Jade leaned back on her heels and giggled.

"Wait. I got it. What are fandoms calling women these days? Mom! You're like my mom. Because you give me life."

And they were both laughing, which only made Leigh cry more.

"Okay, this isn't like a kink thing, right?"Jade smiled.

Leigh shook her head, still laughing. "This is why I love you, you nerd."

Jade's eyes widened and Leigh stopped laughing, realizing what she said.

"I d-don't mind if you don't feel the same yet," Leigh stammered.

Jade cut her off in her favorite way, by kissing her. It was quick and sweet and neither minded how fast it was gone because they knew there would be many more.

"I love you too," Jade replied, kissing her again. She was trying so hard not to smile. "Mom."

-

a/n: hey guys 2016 brie here. i spent a bunch of time editing this because although i have a love for this story even i knew how cringy like all of the dialogue was. here is the original end authors note though lmao:

UM THE END WHAT OKAY. THIS IS A SHORT STORY I KNOW BUT IT WAS MEANT TO BE. IM HELLA EMOTIONAL AND ITS NOT ONLY BECAUSE IM SEEING 5SOS TOMORROW BUT THIS STORY IS LIKE MY LIL BABY AND I CARE ABOUT IT SO MUCH. GAHHH.

IMPORTANT: SOME EARLIER CHAPTERS WERE CHANGED SO JADE WASN'T SOOO CREEPY BUT LIKE DARLING AND YOU CAN REREAD OR JUST LEAVE IT LIKE IT IS WHICH IS FINE.

BIG THANKS TO MY MAIN KENADI FOR BEING MY ABSOLUTE BIGGEST SUPPORTER AND FOR ALWAYS BEING THERE FOR ME. I LOVE YOU, YOU KNOW THAT.

ANYONE WHO WAS HERE FROM THE BEGINNING DESERVES A SHOUTOUT AND TO THE PPL WHO ARE READING THIS BOOK AND DONT LISTEN TO LITTLE MIX GOD BLESS ILY.

THANKS FOR GREAT COMMENTS AND ALL OF THE LOVE.

-incredibly sappy brie

as always let me know if you see any errors.