six

Sometimes you have dreams. Jade's dream was to be close to her crush. The current situation that Jade was in was certainly proof that the universe worked in mysterious ways.

Jade sent a thank you up to Heaven as Leigh sent a smile Jade's way. Jade returned it before quickly turning back to the book they were reading for English, trying to comprehend how someone that beautiful could exist.

Within moments Jade felt a soft tap on her arm from the left side. Jade turned to face Leigh with a balloon in her stomach, ready to pop.

"Hey," she whispered, with a small smile. "Could you please pass this to Jesy?"

"Of course," Jade said, trying to hide her uncertainty.

Leigh dropped the note into Jade's hand and her fingertips purposely brushed over Jade's.

Jade's cheeks got warm and she immediately turned to Jesy, placing the folded piece of paper on the corner of Jesy's desk.

She was very aware that she was being used, but she chose to ignore the guilty feeling in her stomach.

They could just be sharing notes, right?

Class leveled out after that, not including the few times that Perrie looked back at Jade questioningly from the front of the classroom. They almost never separated during class. Jade was going to explain what happened after class, but the moment the bell rang every single student dashed out of their room. This included Perrie, surprisingly enough.

Jade analyzed the empty classroom and decided she had time to clean it while a tired looking Ms. Jackson started prepping for her next class.

Jade started pushing in Jesy's chair when she noticed the note from earlier sitting crumbled on the seat.

Jade looked to see if Ms. Jackson was watching her before swiping the paper. She smoothed it out and read the words to herself, "Jade's pretty, don't you think?"

Under it the words 'I guess' were scrawled, but it didn't matter. Jade was smiling and she didn't feel like she would ever be able to stop.

"Is everything alright dear?" Her teacher asked, concerned.

Yes.

"Actually no. I think I have to go to the nurse. I'm so sorry."

It was her first lie to a person that wasn't a member of her family.

This wasn't a lie about her mother's ravioli not tasting like how the subway smells, this had a bit of an impact. The impact being that her favorite teacher having to function without her little helper.

"Oh go straight away. We can't have vomit on the tables again. I can still smell Jerry Clinton's from the 9th grade."

"Okay, that's gross. I'll see you!" she yelled, as she ran out of the classroom.

She made her way through a crowd of hormonal teenagers, looking for Perrie's locker.

She was about to embarrassingly yell Perrie's name before she caught a glimpse of the blonde with someone. Jesy Nelson.

Jade's eyes widened and she quickly turned away before she ran over there and embarrassed Perrie.

"Hey Jade."

Jade realized that Leigh was calling to her from her locker.

She froze. There was probably a hundred Jades in the school.

Leigh's eyes locked with Jade's. "Attention Jade Thirlwall," she laughed.

"I'm sorry," Jade apologized, walking over the the other girls side.

Leigh tucked a strand of Jade's hair behind her ear. Jade didn't know if she was smiling because she could hear Jade's breathing getting heavier or because she had a bag of sour patch watermelons in the other hand.

"Don't be," she said, finally. "Anyways, I was just looking over the newspaper article that you took photos and I'm absolutely obsessed."

Jade tried to make the words 'thank you' come out of her mouth, but they got caught in her throat.

"I want you to take some more pictures of me," Leigh said. "Like one on one."

"Oh wow. Thank you. Um yeah, I could definitely do that."

"Great," Leigh exlaimed, smiling.

"By the end of this we'll have enough photos for a Leigh Anne Pinnock fan account. Not that I have one. Just...  oh god you know what I mean. "