Chapter 7:

Quickstrike paced back and forth in the cave, she was so hungry. the food that Deathbringer had delivered them last week had emptied and Quickstrike had searched the whole mountain for anything edible besides leaves or animals. but found nothing. it didn't help that Firefly was too scared to leave the cave.

This was all the Nightwing's fault. they had caused this. if it wasn't for them they would be happy in the rainforest with Glory, living in a palace, but no they just had to ruin everything. 

Quickstrike picked up a pebble and threw it as hard as she could at a wall

"Hey, can you check the mountain one more time?" Firefly asked as she scooped a cup of water from the underground river and poured it into a pot over the fire. the two dragonets had decided that Quickstrike would take care of the out-of-cave responsibilities since Firefly was terrified of the outside and Firefly would handle all the inside of the cave responsibilities. 

"Alright, fine," Quickstrike said and walked towards the cave entrance, to see two dragon shapes, outlined by the sun and heading straight for them.

Quickstrike dove back into the cave and blew out all of the candles and the fire pit "W-Whats wrong?" Firefly asked in a panicked voice

"Two dragons are heading straight for our cave" Quickstrike whispered as if it would help. Firefly turned white with fear and threw herself under one of the hammocks, turning herself invisible. 

Quickstrike on the other talon was too tall to fit under any of the low-hanging hammocks and could barely turn the scales on her wings invisible. she looked around for a hiding spot. she could hear the wingbeats now. Quickstrike threw herself onto a rock shelf and scraped her leg on it, but she didn't care. she threw her wings over herself and cowered in fear.

she heard their talons clanking against the floor and Quickstrike felt a rush of adrenaline and felt the strong urge to fight them. she opened her eyes to see a Nightwing and a Night-Rain hybrid. neither of them looked very threatening and they looked surprised to see that the cave had been lived in. 

Firefly cowered under the hammock, watching the strangers in terror. they were here to kill them

"What do you want,?" Quickstrike's voice said and the two strange dragons jumped and turned to look at her. Firefly cursed loudly in her head at how stupid Quickstrike was. 

"Quickstrike?" the Rain-Night hybrid asked, as Quickstrike stood up 

"Yep? why are you here?"  Quickstrike asked boldly as she jumped down from the ledge and glared at them. 

"Wait how are you alive? you were killed by the same dragon who killed Glory" the Nightwing said in a very confused tone 

"What is a Nightwing doing here?" Quickstrike hissed,  knowing for a fact that these dragons didn't have a backbone

"We were traveling and got lost, we decided to take refuge on a cliff only to find that there was a cave." the Night-Rain hybrid said, his wings and frill turning a deep purple, the color of shame and trying to cover up a lie. 

"I need you to tell your father, to let the Nightwings go. and what he is doing is evil," the Nightwing said in a more confident tone. 

"Wait what is he doing that's so evil? he has done nothing wrong. he still lets you live in the rainforest," Quickstrike said, feeling very confused. 

"He enslaved the Nightwings, and he is going to raffle us off. like drawings" Dreamcatcher said in an angry voice

*everyone glares at you and breaks the fourth wall for ten seconds and then resumes to normal*

"And what made you think that I would help you? you killed my mom for no reason other than being a great Queen and opening her wings to all of you!" Quickstrike yelled, and Firefly slithered out from under the hammock, her scales as dark as blood. 

Firefly stood up, her movements were very snakelike and she held herself like she was the queen of the world, which reminded everyone a bit of Glory.  she acted completely differently from when she was scared.

Firefly opened her wings majestically as if she was trying to kill them by being perfect and powerful.

 "Hmmmmm," Firefly said, circling them in such a way that made it obvious that Firefly would become the next Queen of the Rainwings

"Are you here to deliver us food then? since your slaves" Firefly asked, showcasing the only part of her that was a little bit Nightwing, the inability to turn her scales to any light color. 

"No, we aren't," the pure Nightwing said with a shake of her wings

"Well, then I command you to stay here and become our slaves. we are royalty and you two are just slaves" 

"I don't submit to anyone, your going to tell your father to set our tribe free" Dreamcatcher snarled. 

before anyone else could speak wingbeats filled the air. 

"Are you sure we should be here?" Deathbringer asked Glory "Don't be such a big chicken, it's just some rats" Glory said to the night dragon.

the two dragons began the descent down a very dark hallway, with creaking floorboards. mice scurried under their talons. Deathbringer leaped backward when one bit him. 

Deathbringer picked up Glory and put her on his back, with her arms around his neck 

"Deathbringer, this isn't necessary as your Queen I command you to put me down" Glory snarled, but made no effort to get off him 

"Well, I wouldn't be a very good bodyguard if I let my queen get her feet eaten by rats? now would I?" Deathbringer smirked and Glory just huffed and glared at him. 

after a couple of minutes of going down and down Glory tightened her grip on his neck, which didn't cause Deathbringer to be in to much pain because he was almost 3 times bigger then her (because of the whole age and tribe gap) but it still hurt 

"What?" Deathbringer asked her

Deathbringer suddenly felt Glory fall off of his back and something thud, hard against the ground. 

Deathbringer whirled around to see Glory's corpse on the ground. as soon as he saw it the floorboards began to fall into a deep abyss that was under them, Deathbringer ran for the exit but the floorboards under him fell underneath him and he was flung into the endless pit. 

he was falling in complete darkness when he felt himself hit the ground with a huge thud, he slowly got up, and darkness surrounded him. suddenly a huge Nightwing head, the size of his entire body with blue glowing eyes that produced fire that licked at the scales around its face was right in front of him. 

Deathbringer let out a shriek of fear and leaped backwards.

"You have all the power in your talons, like a corrupt monster you're killing the very thing that created you, let the past die and burn. set us free while you still have an option. for if you don't a bigger evil will destroy both rain and shadow" the dragon said, without even opening its mouth

"This is just a dream! I owe nothing to your tribe! you took away everyone from me. I'm, not the corrupt monster! you are!" Deathbringer screamed at the Nightwing, but his voice was carried away by the sound of loud wind. 

I'm, not the monster? am I?