Little Miss Goody Two Shoes

~CHAPTER 1~

My ears rang and my head pounded as I was slammed into a hard, red, shiny surface. Ah, the lockers. People are so imaginative these days. I opened my eyes to see the head cheerleader (a.k.a the head slut) walk by with her boyfriend- the football captain and quarterback. Seriously? Could my life be any more cliché? The head cheerleader is a slut who’s dating the football captain and the biggest player in the school (for now at least) and they have a posse of mindless robots that pick on me and my fellow nerd friends every day.  Now, it’s not like I’m ugly and utterly disgusting, or rude and mean, I’m just kind of there. Plus I refused to join Ashley’s (the head cheerleader) group in freshman year- well, refused is putting it lightly. I may have used the word, “I’d rather be bit by a rabid monkey and run over by a truck ten times in the pouring rain than join your group of Barbie b*tches and sluts.” Whoops! No wonder they don’t like me very much. But, hey I was having a bad day and wasn’t in the mood to be nice. Since then I have been marked as the smart outsider, because I kept to my group of wickedly awesome nerds and other outsiders and I got all A’s, and was basically the teacher’s pet in every class.

That was me, “little Miss Goody Two Shoes.”  So instead of going all psycho beast on them I merely stood up, dusted off my uniform and continued down the hallway. When I got to my classroom and sat down at my seat, I found my best friend waiting there. She took in my angry look and slightly disheveled uniform and shot me a sympathetic look.

“Hey Temmy!” I said, trying to dispel the anger from my eyes. I could tell it wasn’t working though.

“Ashley and Ian again?” She asked me.

I nodded and got my stuff ready for the lesson and starting my homework for next week, since I had already finished this week’s homework. I should probably tell you more about me and my school. My name is Lee Jay. I go to Elktree Academy, a prestigious boarding school for academically advanced students. So in other words, it was filled with rich snobby kids whose daddy’s bought their way in. Of course, there was a select few students who actually got scholarships like me and my group of friends. This was another reason we were outsiders. I watched as the classroom slowly filled up. The bell rang and I noticed Ian and Ashley’s seats were empty. Again. They were probably making out in a closet somewhere. Ewww… bad mental images! I squeezed my eyes shut tight, trying to get them out of my head. I opened my eyes, blinking them quickly to get used to the light, when I felt someone poking me. I looked over to my right and saw Temmy looking at me.

“Are you ok? You looked like you were in pain or something like that.”

“I’m fine. Just trying to get something out of my head.” A look of understanding crossed her face and she nodded to the door of the classroom.

“Well, you can stop worrying about what they might have been doing in the closet because they’re here now.”

 I looked and sure enough there they were, walking in like they were on time when they were 20 MINUTES LATE!!!! The latest I’ve been to a class was 5 minutes and I had gotten a pass from my teacher from the previous class who’d wanted to talk to me about a major project. I could see my teacher, Mr. Lasedy’s face turning red as he saw them.

“They are so gonna get it now,” Temmy whispered in my ear, smirking.  I nodded.

“You do realize that you are 20 minutes late to my class, right?” Mr. Lasedy said.

“Yup, I think we do.” Ian replied arrogantly, smirking.

Ashley giggled next to him and half of the girls in the room swooned. I just rolled my eyes. They were pathetic. Sure, he could be classified as good-looking with his brown hair that hung into his eyes, his gray-silver eyes that seemed to look into your soul and his tall, muscled frame. But, if you look past all that you’ll find a deeply self-centered, conceited jerk that just plays with girls, telling them their special before dumping them again. Now, you may think that I sound harsh but believe me, it’s all true. In fact, I think he’s been with all the girls in this room except me and Temmy at one point or another. If possible, Mr. Lasedy’s face turned even redder.