Chapter 9

~Chapter 9~

*Lee’s POV*

I waited impatiently for the bell to ring, tapping my foot on the chair in front of mine- which just so happened to be occupied by Fabio. He turned and glared at me while I just smiled sweetly back at him, continuing to tap my foot on his chair. He sighed in relief when the bell rang and we were dismissed. I walked out the door, headed to English.

“Another detention? Hmmm, keep getting those and we might have to stop calling you little miss goody two-shoes,” an amused voice said behind me. I groaned inwardly as I recognized the voice.

“What do you want Ian?” I asked.

“Oh nothing in particular I’ve just realized that talking to you can be quite interesting.”

“Is that so? Well ain’t that fascinating. Now if only I found talking to you just as interesting then we’d be all set. But I don’t so go away.”

He just chuckled and continued to follow me to English. When I was at the doorway I suddenly turned around.

“Why do you want to talk to me anyway?” I asked. It was unusual for him. Sure we talked sometimes but never this much and he NEVER came to sit with us- not that I’m complaining of course.

“I told you, you’re inter-“

“Don’t give me that ‘I’m interesting to talk to crap,’ and give me the real reason.”

“Oh I don’t know, just felt like it I guess, happy?” His gaze wandered off to somewhere behind me and I turned around trying to see what he was looking at. The halls were littered with people so it was nearly impossible to pinpoint who exactly he was looking at.

“Who ya looking at?” I asked innocently.

“Nobody,” He said, quickly averting his gaze from whoever it was. 

“Hey Lee,” a voice sounded in my ear, startling me.

“HOLY PUMPKIN FLUFFA NUTTERS WHAT THE FUDGECICLE WAS THAT?” I shouted.

“Wow, you’re the only person I know that won’t swear when they’re scared and yet will swear almost any other time.” The voice said again, sounding amused. That voice, it seemed familiar, yet it couldn’t be. I spun around and sure enough it was. I squealed in delight and jumped up, throwing my arms around him.

“Jeez Lee I know I’m irresistible but it’s only been like two days since I last saw you,” Zack said, his eyes alight with amusement and mischief.

“How did you get in here?” I asked, “And why?”

“Well it wasn’t too hard; I just pretended that I was a student who was interested in coming here. I came because a little birdie told me that someone got a concussion,” he said, looking pointedly at me.

“Yeah yeah but it was all Temmy’s fault this time, I swear!”

“Sure it was, and your own natural clumsiness had nothing at all to do with it.”

“Well maybe just a little,” I muttered. I looked around and noticed that almost everybody was in class already leaving just me, Zack and Ian out in the hallway.

“Well I need to get to class,” I said regretfully.

“Nuh-uh you’re skipping. I came all this way to see you so you’re gonna spend the rest of the day with me.”

“But-“I started.

“No buts,” he said, “Now c’mon let’s go.”

I noticed Ian still standing there looking confused and a bit awed.