Chapter 10

*Lee's POV*

Zack and I crawled army style along the edge of the school, not willing to go into the middle of the field. We reached a bush and came to a halt.

"Game plan Commander?" I asked Zack seriously.

"I think our best bet is to give up the crawling since we've only gone about two feet in the past ten minutes and run across the field as fast as possible with our heads down," Zack said, "Sound good to you Lieutenant?"

"Sounds good Commander. May I suggest that we also add some super spy rolls as we run?"

"Good idea Lieutenant. Best of luck to you."

"And to you Commander. See you on the other side."

With that Zack stood up, saluted, and ran across the field keeping his head down, occasionally adding in a spy roll with his finger in a gun shape. He gave me the thumbs up signal once across and I started running. I stopped and dropped to the ground, my hands in a gun shape and rolling while singing the mission impossible theme song. I made it over to where Zack was and he boosted me onto the wall next to the gate. I swung my feet over and jumped down all the wile thinking, 'This definitely isn't what your supposed to do when you have a concussion.'

Zack jumped down almost immediately after me and we walked casually over to where his car was parked. See, people aren't aloud to park their cars withing the walls so there's a small parking lot for students and teachers just outside the wall. Then, there's a hidden little backstreet that nobody ever notices-much less goes on- where Zack always parks his car. We hopped in and Zack started the car, gunning the engine and starting off down the street at twice the speed limit.

"So, where to now?" I asked curiously.

"We, are going to the mall," Zack said with a mischievous smile.

"Oh really? Now, what are we going to do there?" I asked, raising one eyebrow.

"Ah, you have much to learn little blue jay. The mall is the perfect place to wreak havoc and create mass confusion," Zack said with a slightly condescending tone.

"Don't talk to me like I'm five," I grumbled. Zack just laughed and we passed the rest of the journey in silence- me sulking and Zack concentrating on passing the speed limit as much as possible.

*Amanda's POV*

I hung on tightly to my books, not wanting them to fall again as they had nearly a minute ago when some kid banged into me. I kept getting this weird feeling that somebody was watching me but i just shrugged it off. I looked around for Lee since she never showed up in English class but I couldn't see her anywhere. I walked over to where I could see Temmy arguing with... Ian? He looked slightly embarrassed and his gaze was downcast. He walked away just as I caught up to them. That was weird I thought, watching him walk away.

"Weird," Temmy muttered, voicing my thoughts.

"What was?" I asked, clearing interrupting her thoughts. She spun around, her hands up in what looked like it was supposed to be a defensive position. Let's just say it failed.

"Um Temmy? It's just me," I said cautiously.

"Gosh, you scared the bejeezus outa me Amanda."

"Sorry,' I muttered, "So did you find out where Lee is?"

"Yeah apparently Zack came and convinced her to skip class."

"Wow, that's... shocking really."

"I know... I can't believe he didn't take me with them," Temmy grumbled.