Chapter 3

~Chapter 3~

*Lee’s POV*

My face was still flushed with embarrassment as I made my way to the gym. I hate having PE third. It meant that I was sweaty throughout the rest of my classes. It was the one class that I had without Temmy and I know this sounds sad and pathetic but she’s my only friend.  I quickly changed into my gym uniform- short shorts and a tank top. I absolutely hated this uniform because I felt like such a slut in it and the perverted boys in my class can never keep their eyes on our faces. The coach made us do three laps around the field while all the cheerleaders were allowed to take this time to practice. I was glad of this because that meant I didn’t have to deal with Ashley. Unfortunately, I still had to deal with Ian. ‘This is great. Just great.’ I thought sarcastically as I saw Ian making his way over to me. I desperately tried to run faster, but he caught up to me easily.

“Hey Lee.” He said.

“Hola idiot,” I replied.

“Aw babe there’s no reason to be like that.”

“Um yeah there is. It’s your fault that I have detention. And don’t ever call me babe again.” I said, glaring at him. He just grinned like the idiot he is.

“You know you love it babe.”

“Um no I don’t.”

“You can stop pretending babe, everybody knows you want me.”

“You say that one more time and I will personally make sure you are drugged and sent to Australia where you will get bitten by a poisonous snake.” I said, my temper starting to flare.

“Oh really? How are you going to do that?”

“I know a guy,” I said. It was true, I knew someone who specialized in things like this. Ian just smirked.

“Sure you do.”

“It’s true.”

“Sure.”

“It is.”

“Uh huh.”

“I’m not lying!”

“Sure you’re not.”

“UGH is there some reason why you came over here?” I asked, my patience wearing thin. We had managed to complete two laps around the field already, the others way behind us.

“Not really, I just wanted to talk to you.”

“Why? ‘Cause I really don’t want you talking to me.”

“You’re not like other girls, Lee.” I raised an eyebrow.

“Thank you.” He stopped and looked at me.

“That’s exactly what I mean. Any other girl would take that as an insult but not you. You actually celebrate being different than the others.”

“I don’t see why anybody would want to be like the others personally.”

“You see, you’re just so weird.”

“I am NOT weird! I’m psycho, gosh you’d think people would get it right one day.”

“So Lee, the other day, I was talking to some guys and we realized you never told us if you were a schol or brawn. Yeah we all kind of assumed you were a schol ‘cause you’re like wicked smart but we never knew for sure.”

“And I don’t see how it’s your business,” I replied. I don’t really care whether or not people know I’m a schol because they assume I am anyway but I just wanted to annoy Ian.  We were done with our laps now and I headed towards the changing room.