Prologue: From Humble Beginnings

Mid June

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Mid June. It was a bright, clear day, and the wind carried the cool breeze from the ocean inland. On this day, brothers Mario and Luigi took the train to the airport that would take them to America, the place their father was raised.

Luigi bounced in his seat on the train, watching city after city roll by.

"Quit bein' so nervous," Mario sighed. "Y' gonna bounce through th' seat."

"I nevuh been on a plane Mario," Luigi chuckled. He flicked his nose and bobbed his head, his legs still bouncing. "Like, is it loud? They say newcomers should just put on headphones an shut th' ride out but like, what if it's too loud?"

They often went back and forth between America and Italy, but they'd only ever been by boat. Luigi had always had a fear of flying, but this time he was forcing himself to be okay with it. This time was... a little more important than the other times.

"Snuff it Luigi," Mario huffed, focusing on the magazine he'd brought. "Nevuh been either, so I wouldn' know."

"Yeah I guess tha's fair," Luigi agreed. "I mean before y' know we'll be back on solid ground again anyway so it's not like it mattuh's."

"Yup," Mario nodded.

The train stopped and Mario and Luigi disembarked, walking the rest of the way to the airport. Passing by, Luigi got a good look at the massive planes that were waiting to carry them.

"Aaeeeh... 'ey Mario?" Luigi stammered. "Tha's a pretty big chunk o' metal we'll be floatin' in, yeah?"

"Luigi I swear," Mario grunted, shaking his head. "Y' continue panicking an I'll bop y' so hard y'll be seein' stars."

"Aiight aiight," Luigi threw his hands up.

They made it to the airport and worked their way through customs. But when at last they were boarding the plane, Luigi froze yet again.

"Yea' but Mario," Luigi said. "What if it falls outta th' sky?"

"Dio dannazione it won'!" Mario yelled back at him, not even turning around or stopping for a second. "Don' make me carry yer ass up there."

Luigi finally shut up, taking a good look at the outside of the plane before forcing himself to board it. He put on his noise canceling headphones and took his seat by the window. He'd hoped it would help, but as soon as they started getting into the air he passed out from fright.

Mario rolled his eyes, now reading a different issue of the same magazine.

___

"Luigi," Mario huffed. "'Ey Luigi!"

Luigi muttered something nonsensical as his eyes fluttered open. "Oh 'ey we landed?"

"Don' tell me I gotta carry yer ass off th' plane," Mario pulled Luigi out of his seat. "C'mon."

Super Mario Bros.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें