❦Preface❦

Melissa POV:.1492
I have been packing my things.There was no doubt that he would be coming for me.I was the closest thing to her.
There's a knock on my door.

"Who is it?"I ask.

"It's Elijah."An Angels voice states.I sigh in relief and open the door.I hug him.

"Elijah,Katerina is gone.She turned into a vampire and left."I tell him.

"I had a suspicion."He remarks."But you must get out of here.Niklaus will retaliate."

"I know.But I want you to do one thing first."I state."Turn me into a vampire."

"Are you sure?"He questions.I nod.It was the only way.

He bites his wrist and I drink his blood.I kiss him one time before everything goes black.It feels like it's been days. But I know it most likely had been only a couple hours.I gasp awake letting the air full my lungs.I turn to see my angel.

"How do you feel?"He asks.

"Ok.But a little hungry."I tell him.He hands me a ring."What is this?"

"A daylight ring.I knew the second I laid eyes on you that I loved you."He tells me.A tear rolls down my cheek and he wipes it away.He puts the ring on my finger."Always and forever."

"I love you too."I smile and kiss him.He leaves the room and brings back a woman."I am truly sorry."

I lunge at the woman and bite her neck. The taste of her blood made me feel so powerful.I wanted more.I drank until she dropped to the ground.Lifeless.I was now officially a vampire.