❦Chapter 1❦

Melissa POV:1502
Me and Elijah have been running from Klaus for ten years now.It was hard,but worth it.Times have changed.Yet I haven't.Its strange to think about that.

I avoid the subject of Katerina as much as possible.It was just too hard.And Elijah learned not talk about it after a little while.I pack as fast as possible.It was time to move once again.And I hated it.But we had to do it to keep appearances.I hear Elijah flash in.

"It's time to leave."He states.I grab my bag and I follow Elijah.I see something blur by us.I grab onto Elijah's arm.It was Niklaus."Brother."

"Elijah.I've been looking for you.And look who you have with you."Niklaus pauses."I have an offer."

"Which is?"He questions.

"Either you or your beloved die."He says holding a silver dagger with white oak ash on it.He looks at me.

"Elijah.Don't do it.Please."I beg.

"It will only put me down.I won't be completely dead.I will awaken when it comes out."He states."I promise you, we will be together again."

A tear rolls down my cheek and he walks over to Niklaus.Niklaus plunges the dagger into his heart and he falls to the ground lifeless.

I hold in my screams.Theres a voice in my head that kept saying,'Turn it off. You won't feel anything'.I have heard that voice for the past ten years.And I finally listened to it.I smirk.

"Better he die than I."I state.

"You really are a Petrova."Niklaus observes.

"That's not necessarily a bad thing."I shrug."Wanna go for a bite?"

"With the man who just killed your beloved?"He questions.

"What do I care?"I say and he laughs.

We flash off to the village to have a tasty snack.I see two young woman walking home.Looks like they're not gonna make it.I limp over to them.

"Please help us.Me and my brother are lost and I believe I've hurt myself."I cry.

"I'll go get some help."The one with the orange hair says walking towards a building.Looks like that'll be Niklaus'.

I feel fangs pierce my gums and veins form under my eyes.I hear her heart race as fear fills her eyes.I smile.It made me like her more.She was so vulnerable.Innocent.But now dead.

I pierce my fangs into her neck.She struggles.But it was no use with the strength I had.I drink her blood until there was nothing left.She falls to the ground.She had a lovely dress.

Probably had a wealthy family.Oh well. I hope she burns in hell.I exchange clothes with her.Now she looks more like a peasant girl.Like she's suppose to be.I hear footsteps behind me.I turn to see Niklaus with blood stained on his face and clothes.

"What have you done here?"He questions.

"I gave her exactly what she deserves." I state.