Chapter 12 - A New Day

[Third POV]

Adam was now running alongside Akira Kurusu, the man he knew for the longest time since transferring from America to this new place: a floating island created through the efforts of every world power across the globe. It was revolutionary, a man-made island that floated above the rest of the world using the most advanced technology just to house not only the most powerful person on the planet, but the ones chosen to live on this new island like myself. Only those who are deemed full of potential like Akira and himself were allowed to stay while everyone else in the world stayed where they were.

That is, until a bright white light flashed all around us, and before they knew it, the rest of the world was gone, with only the island, them, and a giant mystical tree that sprouted out from where the most powerful man on the planet lived, who now had declared himself king. No one objected. He was the only one that seemed to be the right choice after what had happened, so everyone rolled with it. He had constructed a castle around this tree and had lived in there for quite some time now.

Continuing from the Gregorian calendar, it is now the year 2024, where Adam was now a freshman in college entering along with his friend Akira. He had brought his cat when they both moved into their dorms, which wasn't exactly allowed. However, he managed to let this one slip with the headmaster of the university with his suave charisma, for better or for worse, and convinced her to keep his cat in the dorm.

They were currently jumping from rooftop after rooftop, on the "quickest" route to school.

"Akira, you sure this is the fastest route to the university? I swear, if we're late cuz you wanted to show off your athletics, I'm going to make sure that loose screw in your head gets fixed," Adam grumbled, annoyed from taking too long on this route. 

"Relax, you snore," Akira remarked, holding onto his bag for dear life, which had his cat inside for whatever reason Adam didn't bother wanting to know. "We'll be there in a flash. I know these rooftops like the back of my hand!"

"You better, because I don't want security in this city on my ass cuz they thought we were 'on a heist' like last time..." Adam grumbled as he leaped to another rooftop, closely following Akira. He could still recall the time they decided to take the rooftops to meet up with some of his friends at the park, only to be arrested by city security and had to stay in a cell for a few days before his friends decided to bail the both of them out. They were already a few minutes late to homeroom, but with the pace they were at, they'd make it before the first class started.

Before long, they had managed to reach the main entrance of the university. Phantom University Division 1; a weird name for a university that housed the only superpowered beings throughout the known inches of the planet Earth, but when the only known government power is on the island that was built specifically for him whilst being named king didn't exactly make anyone question it. In fact, a lot of people around here haven't questioned many things ever since the incident had happened. Many people just continued their lives on the island, continuing being civil workers or students or even being celebrities.

As time passed by, Akira and Adam had rushed inside their classroom to just barely make it into class. As they enter, their teacher, Mrs. Goodwitch had already set down her things and was about to start class. "Ah, I see you finally showed up to class today, Mr. Kurusu, Mr. Cronos."

Immediately called out in the beginning of class, every student had turned around to observe the two idiots that barely made it to their first period. With all of their stares, Adam couldn't help but awkwardly wave hi while Akira smacked his head.

____________________________________

Based off of the rumors, Goodwitch was an incredible teacher who was well-versed in combat, especially with her sweet ability of telekinesis, which was somehow on par with every other professor in the university. Just goes to show how skilled she is with her ability. She was already taken too, married only last year with a man simply named Ozpin, much to the dismay of many of Adam's seniors, as they've been in her classes mostly due to focusing on...her assets. Regardless, she was also incredibly good at teaching calculus, which stumped Adam while Akira just looked bored.