06

Suddenly, the music stopped. Everyone stopped dancing and looked at the stage, seeing the host. He didn't look super excited, "So I'm very sorry to say that the entertainment we were supposed to have is not here."

Without even listening to the rest, Arthur slapped Andrew and Lloyd's shoulders, telling them to go on the stage. As they did so, the host kept talking.

Calum looked around and saw Michael high up stairs, playing on the DJ. He looked around before racing up there.

Michael looked at him and said, "Sorry man you're not allowed up here."

"No, no, Michael it's me Calum," Calum said as he pulled up his mask.

Michael smiled with a nod. His eyes then widened and he pulled something out of his bag, "I didn't know if you were coming or not but I finished it."

The red haired boy handed Calum a CD, on the CD it said Rags. Calum raised an eyebrow and looked up at the older boy, "Rags?"

"Yeah, it's kind of like a stage name. It can a reminder where you came from when you're all famous." Michael replied.

Smiling, Calum hugged Michael tightly and whispered a million thank you's. Suddenly, two badly singing voices were heard. Both boys looked down and saw Android singing.

Calum groaned, burying his face in his hands. Michael chuckled weakly, "Who are those losers?"

"Those losers are my step brothers," Calum groaned, slapping himself multiple times.

Michael gave him a sympathetic smile with a pat on the shoulder. He then had an idea, "Go sing."

"Do what? Me singing? In front of all of those people? Um no thank you." Calum said as he shook his head quickly.

"Dude this is your chance. I'll put on one of your songs and you sing. Everyone will love you, I promise."

Nodding, Calum races down the stairs as Michael spoke into a microphone, "Can the two idiots on the stage please leave before I call security?"

Android looked around but were pulled off the stage by two giant men. Calum looked at the stage and slowly walked up, a lady giving him a microphone.

Michael then played the background music and gave the younger boy a thumbs up, "Everyone give it up for Rags." Calum took a deep breath before singing his song.

"She dropping outta school 'cause she don't need the grades. The colours in her hair don't seem to fade. I get dressed up when I go out, but she gets dressed down." He sung, seeing everyone smiling at him.

"She's 17, I told her I'm 20. I couldn't take her out 'cause mum's got no money. It's stuff like this that makes me wish that I could change somehow."

Calum was beginning to get more comfortable as the beat got quicker and louder, "Sitting here at home. It's obvious, she's so out of reach, and I'm finding it hard. 'Cause she makes me feel, makes me feel, like I try, like I try, like I'm trying too hard. 'Cause I'm not being me, and it's getting me down. That she makes me think, makes me think. That I try, that I try, that I'm trying too hard again. 'Cause I'm trying too hard again.

"She's got a rose tattoo but she keeps it covered. I play guitar but she's into drummers. She's seen my face around but she doesn't even know my name. I pierced my lip so she thinks I'm cool. I ripped my jeans and dropped out of school. I followed her 'round the town but she thinks that I'm a weirdo now.

"Sitting here at home. It's obvious, she's so out of reach, and I'm finding it hard. 'Cause she makes me feel, makes me feel. Like I try, like I try, like I'm trying too hard. Cause I'm not being me, and it's getting me down. That she makes me think, makes me think. That I try, that I try, that I'm trying too hard again."