Chapter 1 - The Travel

(Hakim is your father's name)
(Imane is your mother's name)

(Y/n's Pov)

After I woke up from my slumber, father and I entered our chariot (I researched what Egyptians rode in Ancient times and it said chariots so I went with that.....fight me), which was already packed with our necessities for the trip.

Before we left, I asked father how long it would take for us to get to Egypt and he said it would take a day and a half, so it was gonna be a bit of a long trip. I stared out into the seeminly endless desert as the sun shone down onto it's grainy surface.

Within the silence, my father also told me that mother had stayed behind to take care of the kingdom while we were away. I was beginning to wonder where was mother so I was glad I knew of her whereabouts since I hadn't seen her since dinner last night. She must have woken up early to prepare for her duties.

(Hakim's Pov)

I was rather excited to see Aknamkanon again, it had been quite a long time since I saw him last. Aknamkanon had told me through our exchanged letters that he had a son. Y/n didn't meet many people since Imane was rather protective of her but that also meant that Y/n has never meet someone outside of our palace or has even gone outside.

So I am glad I was able to convince Imane to let Y/n come with me on my journey to Egypt, perhaps she can befriend Aknamkanon's son or other's. As long as she meet's other people i'm happy she gets to experience meeting new people.

*Time skip since I can't think of anything else to put here*

(Y/n's Pov)

After a few hours of riding in the carriage, we stopped by Libya, one of our neighboring allies. I decided to get the pharaoh a gift since he was friends with my father.

As I surveyed the shops, one item intrigued me, it was a mirror made of pure Libya, 'desert glass', as they called it. The material that held the glass was of pure gold, a truly beautiful piece of work.

I asked father if I could get it, and he gave me some gold to trade with for the mirror. Once I traded the gold for the mirror, I wrapped it in a piece of cloth I had with me so that it would stay in perfect condition before arriving in Egypt.

When I finished wrapping my present for the Pharaoh I got an idea, I should get a gift for Mother! She always liked to get stuff from other places and this would be perfect!

I decided to go look around another little area of shops for something for my Mother. Then I remembered something, Mother loved Obsidian jewels!

I quickly looked around the jewelry shops to see if they had any with obsidian, the first three shops had nothing. But then I glanced at ring with an obsidian stone on it, perfect!

Father wasn't far behind me so I ran to him, "Father, come look at what I found!" I wanted to show him the ring and get his opinion for mother.

(Hakim's Pov)

"Father, come look at what I found!" My daughter ran to me and exclaimed excitedly. I'll admit I'm happy that she is excited, it has been a while since I've seen her this happy.

She grabbed my hand and dragged to one of the shops, "Alright, alright, you don't need to drag me there, sweetie." She must be really excited if she's this persistent.

"Look, Father!" She dragged me to a shop with jewelry and pointed to a ring with an obsidian stone...Imane's favorite jewel. "Don't you think it would be perfect for Mother?"

I told my daughter, "You have quite an eye for things your Mother would like." In return she smiled with glee, I turned to the shop woman and asked her how much the ring would cost. She said it would cost 30 gold pieces so I paid her the amount and she even included a ring case for it.

Y/n thanked her and ran back to the chariot. I thanked and offered to pay for the case but she declined and said it was alright. I thanked her again and walked back to the chariot and my daughter yelling at me to hurry up.