Chapter 2 - The Arrival

*Time skip - One day later*

(Y/n's Pov)

*yawn*

What time is it?

"Hello my dear, morning has come and we are almost at the palace." My father told me.

"Oh yay!" I said with instant excitement. I can't wait to get to the palace! Father always talked so highly of his friend so I was excited to meet someone new!

"You seem excited." My father said.

"Of course! I finally get to see someplace new and get to meet new people!" I exclaimed happily.

(Hakim's Pov)

I'm happy to know that she's excited to go somewhere new. "Could you tell me more of your friend, father?" My daughter asked. "His name is Aknamkanon and he is Pharoah of Egypt. I knew him before you were born." I told her. ( I pronounce Atem's Father's name as Ak-nam-ka-non, if that'll help for those who don't know how to say his name😅)

And I will admit, I too am rather excited to see Aknamkanon again. It had been some years since I saw him last. The last time I saw Aknamkanon was also the first time I meet him, before Y/n was born, during an ally meeting.

Since me and Aknamkanon were both allies with Libya but not with each other. After the meeting Aknamkanon wished to get to know me better since i had become an ally of his and we both got along rather well and became friends in the process.

 After the meeting Aknamkanon wished to get to know me better since i had become an ally of his and we both got along rather well and became friends in the process

(The picture is a map of three countries)

Since then, me and Aknamkanon have been writing to one another. I still can't believe it's been a decade or so since I last saw him. (For those that don't know, a decade means 10 years)

Aknamkanon wrote to me of his son who, as luck would have it, was the same age as my daughter. Perhaps they would get along since they are the same age. I believe Aknamkanon said his son's name was Atem, an interesting name.

"Father, we're here!" My daughter exclaimed.

I wonder if Aknamkanon has changed at all since I saw him last?