007

i'm not dead?
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Wilbur's POV

i wake up to the soft scent of cinnamon, accompanied by the sweet melody of a song i haven't heard before. rubbing the sleep out of my eyes and throwing the plush throw blanket to the other side of the sofa, i sit up, looking through the arch that gives me direct view into the kitchen. my eyes land on (Y/N), who seems to be mixing something in a white ceramic bowl, wearing an apron, no shirt, and the same grey sweats as last night.

standing from my spot on the couch and trudging from the lounge, i notice the song name which was displayed on his phone screen, creature by half•alive. it was a delightful song, which faded into another good one, lotus eater by foster the people, one i knew well myself. i subconsciously walk over to where (Y/N) was standing, placing my head on his shoulder. it definitely startled him, but he quickly went back to stirring what seemed to be some sort of batter.

" did my music wake you up? " (Y/N) asks, the sound of sleep still evident in his tone. he had only just woken up a few minutes prior to myself. i shake my head at his question.

" i was going to wake up eventually, it just happened to be to your music. "

(Y/N) chuckles,
" a new alarm then. "

" i guess so. what'r you makin? "
my words came out slightly slurred, as i had just woken up.

" homemade cinnamon rolls. learned how to make them with my uncle. "

" hm. well they smell delightful. "

" why thank you. they should be ready in about 20 minutes if you'd like to sit down. "

i move off (y/n)'s shoulder, reaching my arms to stretch, being mindful of the ceiling fan i nearly missed last time. the other male turns to turn off his music, then grabbing the remote for the tv off the counter. the tv switches on, displaying the same crime show he had on last night, still paused from where we left it.

i very slowly make my way to the sofa, plopping down on it as soon as it was in my range. i have to admit, this sofa is definitely comfortable. i end up staring off into space for a good 5 minutes, when a soft meow brings me back to reality. a small orange tabby cat is sitting by my feet.

" ah, i see you met Gerald. "

i whip my head around to look at (y/n), who scared the fuck out of me.

" his name is fucking Gerald? "

" yes it is. i have another cat named Nova wandering around somewhere, but she's terrified of new people, especially men. "

" i think your cat may be the most relatable thing in the world. "

" she might be. anyways, the rolls are done, if you'd like one. "

" oh wonderful, and yes please, i'm starving. "

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
it's shorter bc i plan on updating all my active books today [: