008

look who's back from the dead. it's me, i  am. 

lowercase intended as always (:

------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/N) 's Pov 

as I plate the cinnamon roll per Wilbur's request, Gerald hops up on the counter, pawing at the faucet. I giggle to myself at my cats' antics before turning on the faucet to its lowest setting. Gerald meows before climbing into the sink and lapping up the water. 

" What in the fuck is your cat doing? " Wil asks, still sounding relatively tired. 

I chuckle at his confusion. " He likes drinking the flowing stream of water. Only way the cunt will drink. "  Wilbur only lets out a breath which kind of resembled a laugh. I drizzle the premade cream I had in my fridge over the roll, then hand the plate to Wilbur's waiting hands. the man hums in response, moving to the couch in the lounge. I follow soon after, Gerald jumping out of the sink and following the moment I step out of the kitchen. as I sit down, my hip pops rather loudly, causing Wilbur to look at me with an emotion that seemed to be a mix of disgust and concern. 

" What the HELL was that? " 

" My hip. " 

" Why aren't you more concerned about that? "

" Used to it. People in college called me a walking glowstick because of how often my joints would pop. " 

" What the fuck." 

" Snap crackle pop, y'know? " 

Wilbur sighs, laughing quietly. " You are one strange man. "

" I'm taking that as a compliment. "  

" Of fucking course you are. " 

Wilbur and I just hold eye contact for a few seconds, before I flash him a toothy grin, causing him to smile. and after smiling for a few seconds, we both start laughing. god, his laugh is one of my new favorite sounds. I hadn't noticed how pretty it was the first time I heard it, but I think id pay an absurd amount of money to hear that forever. shit id even bottle it up and drink it if I could. 

the way his voice goes up a few octaves while laughing is intoxicating, quite literally music to my ears. I had stopped laughing a good minute ago,  now just admiring the beautiful specimen of a man in front of me. it takes him about 2 minutes to stop laughing, then register the fact I am indeed staring at him. 

" What're you lookin' at? "

I don't answer right away, giving him a lopsided smile. 

" You. " 

Wil's face gains a small pink tint, one that might barely be noticeable if you weren't looking for it. 

" Why me? " 

" Because you're pretty, Wil. That's why. " 

The pink tint on Wilbur's face grows deeper, " No 'm not. " 

" Yes, you are. You're fucking gorgeous. " 

now all Wilbur does is shake his head no, now looking very interested in his pants. 

" You truly are Wil. I wouldn't lie to you. And you just so happen to be one of the prettiest men I've seen in a while. " I say, hooking my index finger under his jaw, pulling his eyes back to mine. 

We sit and stare into one another's eyes for a moment, this time a bit more intimate than last. I let my eyes fall to his lips briefly, then flicking back up to his eyes, which had widened slightly. Wilbur's breath had gotten a bit heavier, his arms shaking softly. His own eyes travel down my face, lingering on my lips before glancing at the couch behind me. 

" Can i...? " I start, trailing off when he locks eyes with me again. I shake my head, letting go of his chin. I move to grab our plates, muttering a quick " Nevermind. " before standing up abruptly and walking to the kitchen.  I could feel his longing stare on my back as I washed the plates. 

I didn't hear Wilbur stand up and walk my way until his hand was on my shoulder, spinning me to face him. before I can register what's happening, his other hand cups my face, bringing me into a rushed kiss. it was a brief moment of bliss before Wil shoots backward, running his hand through his hair. 

" I, uh. I have to go. " Wil mutters, grabbing his shoes from the door and booking it out to his car. the front door slams behind him. I stand back against my sink, before sinking down to the floor. I let my head fall onto my knees. Gerald running up to me from his spot on my coffee table. I feel tears pricking the corners of my eyes. 

God, I hope I didn't fuck everything up. 

-----------------------------------------------

Suffer.