011

i know i've been so on and off with my writing, but i'll pick back up for the next 2 ish months as i'm on summer break!

(slight tw for vehicle crashes)

—————————————————————
(Y/n) 's pov

it was finally the day of my band's performance. we accepted an invite to preform at a music festival in the center of town. i could barely sleep the previous night out of nerves, so i was awake at 4:00 am doing my hair for the show.

we didn't preform until 6 PM that night. i was on facetime with the other insomniac of the group, Kyler. he was extremely energetic, also getting ready, trying to convince me to help him pick out a shirt.

"oh just pick one you cunt." kyler says exasperatedly, holding a short sleeved checkered collared shirt, and a simple blue flannel to compliment his hair.

"it's your choice man, I can't dress you like you're a toddler. the checkered shirt matches our band's vibe and feeds into your emo-ness though."

"I'M NOT EMO YOU DAFT BASTARD! im punk. get it right."

"Oopsie poopsie"

Kyler rolls his eyes, walking off screen quickly to strip of his shirt, returning with the checkered shirt half buttoned, showing off his pecs.

"kyler! put your boobs away!"

"no."

I laugh to myself, replacing my earrings with small silver hoops that hug my earlobe, and fixing my quartz necklace.

"okay, so do i wear a dad sweater or a white tee shirt..."
i say outloud, glancing at my shirtless self in the mirror, the bands logo tattooed right between my pecs.

"what pants?"
kyler asks, his mouth full of bagel.

"the corduroys i thrifted, calvin klein, and boot cut, so i can wear boots."

"god you're so gay, knowing the cuts of jeans."

"says you."

"yeah, Y/N, says me. but do the white tee, and change your crystal to something brown."

i nod, walking off screen to grab my white shirt and a tiger's eye crystal to put in my necklace.

as i'm putting both on, my phone buzzes from its spot on the sink, falling into the dome.

i walk over, putting my necklace back on, and picking up my phone.

it's a text from... Will? at 4:30?

Text Message

Wilby
mornin'

Y/N
will. it's 4:30 in the morning.

that's why i said
morning. dummy.

yes, but why are you awake?

promised chat a stream
at 10, gotta prepare.

why are you awake?

  couldn't sleep,
and we have a
band practice at 12

i gotta shower, catch you later!

i don't respond, which i now regret, but i can't go back now.

most of the band mates decide to meet up at a brunch place around 8. It's now 6. i had wasted away 2 hours scrolling through twitter, liking tweets about my band's performance tonight.

eventually i do drift off into a nap, an alarm set for 7:30 so i had time to finish getting ready.

the entire time i spend sleeping, i was thinking of him. him being Wilbur. the stupid kiss kept slowly replaying in my mind, it honestly hurt to think about. poor will looked terrified after it happened, he stormed out of my house and sat crying in his car for 30 minutes.

no i'm not a stalker, i could see him from my living room window. he texted me afterwards saying he felt like he fucked it up.

i did. i didn't go after him. i could've helped the pain he felt. i could've stopped it. but no.

i caused it.

i wake to my alarm with hot tears running down my face, two spots on my pillow wet. the second my brain processes the fact i'm awake, the water works start. tears streaming down my face, my breathing heavy. my bottom lip quivered every time i inhaled. i sit and cry for maybe 10 minutes.

my face is now all red and puffy, my eyes bloodshot. it takes only some ice and eye drops to fix my problems. i now sit and stare at my extensive cologne collection. i settle on memoir's of a trespasser by imaginary authors. it's simple, just vanilla and other earthy tones. after that, my brown docs are thrown onto my feet, lacing them up as a call from Mei comes through.

"Y/N! You need a ride? or you driving for once?"
Mei says snarkily, her girlfriend, Madi, heard laughing in the background.

"I planned on taking the bike out."

my response pulls gasps from Mei. I hadn't rode my motorcycle since i got into a nasty car wreck on tour. Some overly radical man decided to try and run me over because of my "gay rights" bumper sticker. the crash broke my leg, i have quite a gnarly scar on my calf from the surgery.

"You sure you're ready for that kiddo?"
Mei says rather calmly. Although I was older, she had a tendency to call me kiddo, she felt like a mother figure to most of the band.

"I'll be fine, Mei. I'm leaving now."

we share our goodbyes as i grab my helmet, a brown leather jacket, and my keys. my phone goes in my jacket's pocket, and the pocket is zipped to minimize the possibility of my phone torpedoing down the road as i drive.

the second it hits 8, i arrive at the café. It's a quaint place, plants everywhere. Ainsley's dad owned the place, so the band were frequent fliers. Olli is the first to see me as i walk in, they immediately jump up to give me a hug.

Everyone seemed to settle for earthy tones, exempting Kyler, who wore grey jeans and the black and white checkered shirt i had picked earlier.

The brunch was quick and sweet, we talked over what songs of ours were going to be played. We settled on the 3 songs from our newest album, and 2 crowd picked songs.

As the clock strikes 10, my phone buzzes with 2 notifications.

All Notifications:
Wilby : goin live, have fun with band!

Twitch: WilburSoot has gone live!
—————————————————————-
i have to be awake at 6, it's 4:22...

btw! all Tapestry Towers songs will be Hozier songs!

much love to my dedicated readers <3