SEVEN. I miss you like a little kid

VII.   I miss you like a little kid

Devore refused to even glance at Fred the next day

Devore refused to even glance at Fred the next day. She woke up with a killer headache, feeling like a complete idiot that she got drunk and acted like a sad little girl in front of the one person she couldn't stand. Devore wasn't sad. She was pissed off. How could a girl who had everything in life be sad? She was just being emotional. What girl isn't? 

She covered her face in makeup, attempting to hide the bruises that still stuck to her face. She was tired. Tired of putting on an act — tired of having to keep quiet about stuff going on in her personal life. She wish she could allow herself to open up to her friends, to make them understand why she acted the way she did, but she already felt like a burden. Why pour more salt on the wound?

She told her roommates to meet her down in the Great Hall, for she wanted some time alone. Devore smoothed down her uniform in her full length mirror, her tired eyes examining herself. She quickly grabbed her school bag before leaving her room and going down to the Great Hall. When she entered, she spotted Ron at the Gryffindor table holding up what looked to be like a hideous dress. She smirked to herself. "Wow, Ron, it really brings out the color of your hair." She teased, causing everyone to laugh.

Ron gave her a glare. "Shut up, Devore."

She laughed again and went to her table. She sat across from Morgan. "I didn't hear you come in last night."

Devore wasn't going to tell her about her encounter with Fred and getting drunk off her ass. "I was up late studying." She lied.

Morgan's brows furrowed together. "Studying for what?" 

"Charms. I have a test in there this week."

The food soon appeared in front of them and she wasted no time diving in to the cauldron cakes. Theo, who was sitting by her, released a laugh. "Is that all you eat, Devore?"

"They're the best thing ever, Theo." She said back and bit into one.

Morgan twirled her fork in her hand.  "Have you guys heard about the ball?" She asked them.

"Ball? What ball?" They asked in sync then gave each other a strange look.

"The Yule Ball, of course!" She laughed. "We're supposed to get more information about it after breakfast. It's a dance."

"I hate dancing." Said Devore.

"You hate everything."

She half smiled. "Touché. Anyone you're thinking of going with?"

"You can go with me, Lin." Theo joked and threw her a wink.

Devore laughed and Morgan narrowed her eyes at him. "Very funny, Theodore. As a matter of fact, Angelina Johnson's looking pretty good these days."