EIGHTEEN. forever family

XVIII.   forever family

      Devore had read every news article in the Daily Prophet possible about Harry's expulsion from Hogwarts and she become more mad with each read

Devore had read every news article in the Daily Prophet possible about Harry's expulsion from Hogwarts and she become more mad with each read. She also got angry because she desperately wanted to talk to him but was sworn by Dumbledore not to. Not only her but all of his other friends as well. When Chanel came clean to her children about what she knew about The Order of the Phoenix, an organization created by Dumbledore during the first Wizarding War, it only made the fact that Voldemort was back more real — which meant Cedric's death had become more real, and it scared Bennet.

Devore grew up hearing the stories of the Noble House of Black and the evilness that ran deep in the Black family's blood. Now knowing that she would be staying in the former house of Black made her feel uneasy even though nobody had lived there for years. Devore stood at her fireplace with Bennet and their mother, their backs surrounding them. "Have either of you traveled by floo powder?"

"Uhhh, once before." Devore answered, remembering the vividness of her first floo powder trip at the Weasley home.

"Great!" Chanel replied with a smile. "Because you two are still underage, we can't apparate, so we must travel by floo powder. Bennet, I will warn you, you'll probably be sick the first time."

"Can't we just take the car?" He groaned.

"It'll be faster this way. Come along now." She urged her kids into the fireplace with all of their bags. Chanel took a handful of power. "Brace yourselves. "Twelve Grimmauld Place!"

George had spent the entire morning cleaning the home they were staying in. On top of it being old and dusty, and cobwebs were everywhere, Fred was incredibly nervous. The last time he'd seen Chanel Taylor was when he was fourteen-years-old. Things had changed, he was now dating her daughter, and Fred wanted to impress her.

His whole family was in shock by how vigorous he was being trying to clean to place, while his siblings teased him relentlessly. He did the laundry, swept the floors, moped, polished the silver, and made sure nothing was covered in dust. "Don't you think you're going a little overboard?" George asked him.

"What makes you say that?"

He motioned to the broom in his hand. "You've swept the floor three times."

Fred glanced at the broom and he sighed. "I know. I'm just nervous."

George chuckled. "About what? Devore staying with us or her mother?"

He flopped on the bed and rested his head on the pillow. "Both."

"We've met Mrs. Taylor before—"

"Yeah, when we were fourteen!" Fred exclaimed and stared at the ceiling. "Look at all the rubbish that's happened in all those years. Isaac's gone. Devore's had to put up with Malfoy all this time. I want Chanel to know how much I love her daughter."