08

Adriana narrowed her eyes at the assassins and yelled, "Nu ma atinge! Lasa-ma sa plec!"

(Don't touch me! Let me go!)

Klaus nodded slowly, hearing a woman speaking Russian.

Ben, from the back, said, "Withdrawal... It's starting now, isn't it? Must be. Otherwise, who's the dead babushka?" The woman continued speaking Russian.

Klaus let out a sigh. "I don't know, but it's driving me crazy. The bitch won't shut up!"

"Hey!" Hazel yelled. "Watch your mouth. What did I say about eyes front?"

Ben let out a sigh. "Stay calm, Klaus. Tell Ana to stay calm, too."

Klaus glanced at the angry brunette. "Ben says to stay calm."

Adriana narrowed her eyes and a shard of ice jammed itself into a wall. "Nu."

(Don't.)

Klaus frowned, seeing Hazel and Cha-Cha up to something and asked, "What are you doing?"

"What do we have here?" Cha-Cha wondered, pulling something from the coat pocket.

"Let me see that," Hazel said and Cha-Cha tossed it to him.

"Hey, no, no, no, no," Klaus protested. "Be -- Be careful with that. It's -- It's my... asthma medication."

Adriana scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Your asthma medication?"

"Now we're getting somewhere," Hazel stated, stomping the pills.

"Hey..." Klaus began. "No, hey! Whoa! No, hey, hold on! Hold on! We can have a conversation. We're adults."

"Okay, you want more?" He continued stomping.

"No! No! No, no, no! Stop! Stop! Please, listen. Listen, we can... I can get you cash. Amputee hookers, whatever. Hey, just, please, just listen. Just don't... No... Please..."

Hazel ate the contents. "Chocolate. Mm-mm-mm!"

"Please..."

As Hazel munched the chocolate, he asked Cha-Cha who took some. Klaus let out a gasp and Adriana rolled her eyes.

"You gonna tell him it's special chocolate?" Ben asked.

"Not until they're high as kites," Klaus replied.

Adriana tilted her head. "Klaus, what is in that chocolate?"

Klaus smiled. "Don't worry, dear."

The woman continued speaking Russian and Klaus gasped.

"Klaus, be strong," Ben told him.

Cha-Cha dangled the chocolate in front of Klaus and Adriana. "This could all be yours for the low, low price of telling us everything."

Klaus and Adriana exchanged a look before the former cried softly and said, "Okay, fine. We don't... We don't know where Five is. We weren't lying about that. But I can tell you that he's... hasn't -- hasn't been making much sense since he came back."

"Elaborate," Hazel ordered.

Klaus stammered, "I... Uh... He's just... He's been acting like a -- a -- a lunatic. He's been sitting in this van in front of a -- a lab or something, and... looking for the owner of an eyeball. One of those fake ones."

"That makes no sense."

"Hold on, just hold on," Cha-Cha said. "Tell us more about this eye, and why is it so important?"

Adriana let out a small sigh and replied, "He said it had something to do with the end of the world or time or whatever."

---