Chapter 4

Rosie POV

I drove to the next set to record what I could. I'm doing things on my own since it is what I'm accustomed for five years.

Jennie's face is everywhere. I should be used to it now, but the difference is she's with someone else's arms.

I held my necklace without opening the pocket. Then, for five years, I never let it be removed from me.

I positioned my things to record the sounds of sea waves.

"Why did you come back?" I heard someone say. I, well know who it is.

I closed my eyes and focused on listening to the recording, but she took my headphones away from me.

"I'm asking you Roseanne Park!!" She yelled, but I looked at her coldly and took back my headphones. I don't have the mood to talk or explain. I just want to listen to the recordings.

I'm recording here peacefully, and they are just evading my personal space?

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!!" She gripped my shirt, but I didn't mind.

I pushed her hand without saying a thing and picked my headphones again.

"Why aren't you talking?! did you cut your tongue? or you are now mute?!" She angrily asked.

"I'm sorry," I finally said because I knew that she was so mad at me for leaving. But that is all I can say.

"Now you're talking?!"

"Sorry for what?! for hurting my friend? for ghosting her? for leaving her without a word?" She said, but I didn't say a word.

"Thank you for taking care of her," I said and walked away as I was aware that all the crew was listening to us. I groaned as I knew what could happen after that. I should have left immediately.

I need to do some damage control. This might be a scandal. I don't want Lisa's story gone to waste.

I don't want to make an issue. I just want to be alone. I just want to disappear. I don't want to destroy anyone's life. I don't want to create attention.

I felt someone's hand tapping my back as I sat in front of the beach.

"I don't want to create a scandal, Lisa. It's Jisoo, she's famous now, what if they spread it like a wild fire?" I said.

"You didn't start it. You did great," She said.

"But I'm involved," I sighed. "The attention should be fully on your story,"

"It's fine," Lisa assured. "Have you talked to Jennie?"

"I don't know what to say. She's mad at me. She doesn't even look at me. She looks at me like I'm the worst person in the world,"

"Plus, I saw her being happy with her Girlfriend. I talked to Sana once and she's a good person. The perfect person for Jennie,"

"You need to rest Rosie," I nodded and went to my room.

The next day is a one on one meeting with Jennie about the project.

I nervously entered the room as I saw her reading the script.

"You're late, Ms. Park," Jennie coldly said.

"I don't tolerate this kind of behavior, Ms. Park. You don't talk to the crew and only talk to Lisa. You decide on you audio directing on the own without consulting me." She sternly said.

"Is this how you work now? I'm the movie director here! I should know your agenda too! You are working alone and being selfish not consulting me before doing your thing!" She half yelled, but it never scared me. Nothing can scare me now because Jennie kept me alive.

I walked to get some water and put it in front of her. "Drink," I said. "Your throat might hurt from shouting,"

She scoffed and pushed the water away.
Her words earlier are like personal.

"I'm sorry, Jennie. I understand why you are angry with me," I picked up a new bottle of water, opened it, and put it in front of her.

I sat in front of her and took her hands, but she pushed mine away.

"I didn't expect you to be this unprofessional, Ms. Park. Can't you see? You're being selfish here! Where's the great Roseanne Park who knows team work? the great Roseanne Park who always talk to her team?" I suddenly felt my sight darken.

"That roseanne park is!!" I half yelled but managed to control.

"I- I will be better," I stuttered.

"What happened to you?" Jennie sighed.

"I'm talking to my team, Jennie. You have nothing worry about. I like doing my own thing at some part. Lisa told me that I have my own part and part that I'm not doing. I'm sorry for causing trouble to you," I said as I stood up, but she slapped the table.

"We are not done here!!" She yelled.

"Why do you keep yelling?" I sighed.

"Let's talk about this scene where Ali went back to Sol," Jennie said.

We talked about the system and worked as a team. It is like how I imagined it before.

We dreamt about it together. I saw her giggling and laughing with my ideas. Our environment immediately changes from cold to warm.

We act like the old times, but before I could leave, Jennie spoke.

"Why did you leave? did you really cheat on me?" Jennie asked.

"If I tell you, will you come back to me?" I chocked.

"No," Jennie plainly said. "I..... love Sana now, I can't exchange her with someone who left me with whatever reason is,"

"Then good," I painfully smiled. "I should go," I stood up and left the room.

I saw Irene, Nayeon, and Jisoo listening to us outside. I just walked past them.

"Why did you come back, Rosie?" I sighed as I faced Irene.

"You too?" I asked.

"Tell me. We knew each other for two years. Since you came in this country. I'm your first friend. You met me before Jennie. I deserve the truth,"

"Lisa wants me to come here with her. She wants me to audio direct her story," I honestly said.

"You did not come back for Jennie?" She widened her eyes. "Did you really cheat on her?"

"Do you think I can cheat on her?" I seriously asked.

"And no, I did not come back for Jennie. I'm here purely for the project,"

"Then why did you leave?" Irene asked again.

"You know that it will happen eventually right? hyun?" I said.

"I know, you told me that you are just running away and will transfer to different places to live your own life. But I thought you will stay for Jennie?"

"Look, hyun. I love Jennie so so much. I have a reason for leaving,"

"Don't you love her enough to stay?"

"I love her enough to stay," I said and started to walk past her.

"Hey! we're not done yet!" Irene yelled, but I walked faster.