Chapter 1

Y/N's POV
I sat in the car, staring out the window as my mom drove us to our new home. My older brother sat in the front seat and my twin brother sat in the seat next to me. We were moving to some place called Nockfell in North Carolina. We were moving from New York, the big city itself. Supposedly, Nockfell was a small town and my mom thought it would be a good start for us all. My siblings weren't very happy about it but I was. I'd finally be escaping everything and leaving it all behind me. A fresh start was exactly what I needed.
Appearance wise, I have long black hair that usually has part tied back. I have green eyes with specks of blue in them, each eye is unique. I'm the only one in my family with green eyes though.
I listened to my music through my MP3 player and sighed. What if the kids didn't like me? I was in my freshman year, as was my twin and older brother. My elder brother, Nathan, had to restart a grade which didn't make sense because he was literally a genius. My twin brother, Jacob, was probably the dumbest out of us all. Both of them say I'm the smartest but I disagree, just because I'm in advanced classes doesn't make me super smart. It makes me lucky.
I dosed off in the car and awoke to doors opening.
"We're here! We're finally here!" Jacob cheered.
I pulled my headphones to be around my neck and paused my music, shoving my MP3 player into my pocket. The moving truck was pulled over next to the street and we had parked a ways behind it.
I opened my door and kicked it out, unbuckling my seatbelt. I hopped out and stretched.
I shut the door and stared at the building we were moving into.
Addison Apartments
I read the sign and shrugged before hustling up to my siblings and mom.

Time skip~~~
We had finally moved everything upstairs, but it was all still in its boxes. Technically we rented two apartments, 401 and 404. My mom and Nathan lived in one and Jacob and I lived in the other one. There were only two bedrooms in each which is why we had two.
I wondered why we couldn't rent 403 but figured I'd ask why later.
I waltzed into my room and began to unpack. My piano was set up in my corner and I unpacked one of my boxes. It had my bedding and I spread it onto my bed. It was green and blue, my favorite colors.
I unpackaged another box to see my guitar and amp as well as ukulele. I set them next to my piano and started on my clothing. I wore mostly oversized shirts and hoodies and baggy ripped jeans with a belt. Lots of band tees. I typically wore a lot of rings as well as a bunch of earrings. I had my double lobe piercings as well as industrial in my right ear and a double helix in my left. I normally wore a plain bar for my industrial and two hoops for my helixes.
I hung my hoodies up and folded my jeans to put them in one of the drawers in my dresser. I put my belts in a small drawer and my socks/underwear in the other small drawers.
When I had finished unpacking my clothes I decided to take a break. I walked out into the common room where Jacob was sitting on the couch.
"Finished unpacking yet?" He asked.
"No, still unpacking. I'm just taking a break."
"Girls with all their stuff..." he muttered and I rolled my eyes.
"I'm gonna explore the apartments, wanna come?" I asked.
"Nah I'm good, I just wanna chill and maybe take a nap. Long car ride." He responded and yawned.
"Alright. Have fun with that."
I walked out into the hallways and started to stroll down when someone opened the door to apartment 402. They looked about my age.
They had electric blue hair that was up in pigtails.
I wasn't the best with new people but luckily, they spotted me. They had a mask on.
"Oh hey, you just moved in right?" They asked.
Note to self, he's a boy
I nodded and walked up to him.
"I'm Y/N L/N." I spoke and stuck out my hand.
He looked down at it and took it, shaking my hand. "Sal Fisher, but my friends call me Sally Face."
"Nice to meet you. I like your hair."
"Thanks, I like yours too."
I smiled, "I'm trying to get to know the neighbors better, know where any other kids live?"
He nodded, "I'm actually headed to hang out with one right now, his name is Larry, wanna come?"
I twiddled my thumbs together and looked back at my room.
Should I bring Jacob?
Oh whatever
I turned back to Sal and nodded, "Sure!"
I followed him to the elevator and the doors closed behind us. Sal inserted a card into a slot in the buttons.
"Basement?" I asked.
He nodded. "Larry lives there with his mom. They're super chill."
I hummed in acknowledgment and listened to the hum of the elevator as we went down.
We stood in silence until the bell tinged, indicating we had reached the basement. Sal stepped out into the hallway and I followed behind.
He pulled out a key and shoved it into the keyhole of a door and unlocked it. He opened the door and stepped in before turning to face me.
"You coming?" He asked.
I snapped out of my trance and quickly stepped after him. "Yeah sorry."
We walked into this apartment and I looked around, it seemed cozy. I noticed a picture on the wall.
I pointed at it, it was a picture that had Sal in it with another boy I didn't know, "You two seem close."
Sal looked back at me and nodded, "That's Larry, he's my best friend. He's probably in his room which is where I'm headed, you wanna say hi?"
I nodded and followed Sal.
Sal knocked on his door. "Larry? It's me Sal, I brought a new neighbor."
"Come on in dude!" I heard a voice shout from the other side of the door.
Sal opened the door and walked in, holding it so I could walk in after. I took a deep breath before stepping in.