Chapter 8

Y/N's POV
I was walking with Sal in the hallway at the end of the school day. We were talking about something stupid when I was suddenly yanked away.
"Ack- what the hell?!" I turned to see Robin.
"Y/N watch out!" She yelled and continued to pull me.
"Robin-what?! Slow down!"
She paused when we were a good distance away.
"What was that all about?" I asked.
"Did you not see Travis? Sal's bully? I didn't want you to get involved with him."
"What?! I should be there defending him!" I went to move back and she grabbed me again.
"No don't. He's physically aggressive and I don't want you getting hurt."
I sighed and looked back.
I saw Sal get pushed into the lockers and I felt my heart tense.
I looked back and forth between Sal and Robin for a moment.
"Sorry Robin I can't just stand by." I spoke and took off.
I saw Sal get grabbed and punched in the face and I froze.
Hell no
Hell fucking no
"Get off him!" I yelled. I ran over and shoved Travis, causing him to let go of Sal and stumble backwards.
Sal looked at me in shock.
"Y/N no!" I heard Robin but I turned to Sal.
"Are you ok?" I asked.
He nodded.
"Well well, if it isn't the new freak show of the school, Y/N was it?" Travis spoke.
I turned to him and scowled. "What's it to you?"
"Well you're defending the faggot I was putting in place so let me guess, you're one too?"
I glanced at Robin who shook her head.
I'm about to make this way worse
"And what if I am?" I spoke out.
Fuck
Travis raised an eyebrow, "So you need to be put in your place too. All faggots go to hell!"
I rolled my eyes, "Takes one to know one I guess!"
His eyes widened and the crowd that had gathered gasped. Sal stared at me with wide eyes.
"Y/N you don't have to do this...really I'm fine!" He whisper yelled to me.
It was too late, I was in this now.
Travis charged at me in rage and socked me in the jaw. I stumbled backwards but brought my knee up into his crotch. He leaned over and I grabbed his hair, yanking him and slamming him into the lockers.
He fell to the ground and I grabbed Sal's hand.
"Run!" I yelled and took off.
Sal ran behind me, and we were holding hands as we dashed through the hallway.
I took a sharp turn and dragged Sal along with me before running into an empty classroom.
I leaned over, panting and dropped Sal's hand. He was panting as well.
We sat silently for a moment, catching our breath before I started laughing.
He started nervously laughing along before we both busted out laughing together.
"You're insane Y/N! You just beat up the biggest bully in the school! And called him gay!"
There was a knock on the door and Larry opened it.
"Y/N are you crazy?! You're gonna have a target on your back now!" Larry laughed.
I shrugged, "Who cares? As long as I have you guys I'm invincible!"
Larry pulled me over and noogied me.
"Hey, watch it! Don't mess up my hair!"
He laughed and released me.
Sal looked down at my feet, "Not to be weird or anything but uh...are you...um...you know...gay?"
I looked at him. "Um..."
"You can tell us anything Y/N, we aren't gonna judge you." Larry spoke.
I swallowed, "Well...I dunno...maybe? I've liked guys before...and I've dated guys...but I think I've also liked girls? I really don't know it's all a big mess..."
The two of them looked at each other and shrugged. I sighed in relief and smiled at the boys.
Sal looked at me, "Thanks Y/N...for jumping in and defending me..."
I felt myself smile, "Anytime. And I mean that. I'll always be here to help you. Both of you."
We slowly left the room, looking around. Most of the students had cleared out by now and it looked like Travis had left as well.
I walked with Larry and Sal to the front of the school. I opened the door to see an anxious Robin and my brother waiting.
Robin looked up and rushed to me. She pulled me into her chest, hugging me tightly. I turned bright red.
"Are you crazy?! I told you not to get involved!" She yelled at me while squeezing me tighter.
I chuckled and patted her back, "I couldn't just stand by Robin. These are my friends, I care about them. You too."
I heard her sigh, "I respect that, really I do. But you're insane!" She pulled me away and inspected my face, looking at the forming bruise.
"Are you okay? The bruise looks pretty nasty."
I flushed at the contact, and I gently grabbed her hand. "I-I'm find Robin. I appreciate the concern, but I'm pretty used to getting hit in the face."
She looked at me curiously and my eyes widened, "Ah-Um...please don't think too hard about that."
She shrugged and a car honked, "Oh! That's my ride! I'll see you tomorrow, ok Y/N?" She spoke quickly while shuffling towards the car.
I nodded, "See you!" I waved slightly and turned back to Sal and Larry.
I gently grabbed Sal's face and he jumped at the contact.
"Are you alright? I saw you get hit in the face..." I spoke.
Sal's eyes widened, "Y-Yeah...I'm okay Y/N."
"You sure?" I asked.
He nodded.
"Okay well make sure to ice it!"
He nodded again and I smiled at him. He looked at my face, holding it gently, tilting it to the side to see my jaw, where I had been hit. I turned bright red at the touch.
"S-Sal?!" I stuttered.
"I'm sorry. You got hit because of me..." he sounded sad.
I pulled out of his touch. "What?! No I got punched because of my own will. I'm not just gonna stand by while you get attacked! I care too much about you."
"B-But now you're a target! Because of me!" He yelled.
"So?! That's not gonna change anything!"
"Woah Woah guys, break it up. I'm sick of being a third wheel." Larry spoke followed by a laugh.
I turned red and Sal's ears turned red, indicating he was also blushing.
"We're not a couple!" I snapped and punched Larry in the shoulder.
He just laughed harder while Sal awkwardly rubbed at his own arm.
I looked over at the street, "Oh shit. We missed the bus..."
The two looked over,
"Fuck." Larry spoke and I heard Sal sigh.
Guess we were walking home.
I walked up to Jacob and Nathan who were waiting. Nathan walked up to me quickly.
"Your face! What happened?!" He asked frantically.
I sighed, was it really that bad? It didn't hurt that much...
"I'm fine Nathan, I got in a fight. Sort of..."
His eyes shot open, "A fight?! Are you insane?!"
Jacob walked over, "You're crazy Y/N. Getting in a fight just to defend your friends? Too far."
I rolled my eyes, "I'm fine guys, it's no big deal."
They sighed and we all started out long walk back to Addison Apartments.