Chapter 2

Y/N's POV
I walked into the room after Sal.
Sal walked up to his friend and they fist bumped.
His friend looked up at me, "Woah, you didn't say the new neighbor was a girl!" He walked up to me, "I'm Larry."
I smiled, "I'm Y/N! I just moved into room 401 and 404 with my mom and brothers."
"You moved into both?"
"Yeah, I didn't know why we couldn't move into 403 so I figured I'd ask one of you. The room was boarded off...do you guys know why?"
They looked at each other with a look that said: should we tell her?
I shook my head, "You guys can tell me, I'm not easily shaken."
Larry sighed, "That was where Mrs. Sanderson lived, she unfortunately died a few months ago."
I hummed in acknowledgment, "Was it murder?"
His eyes widened, "Yeah...it was. How'd you know that?"
I shrugged, "Lucky guess. Also it makes sense as to why they'd board off the door if it was murder."
He processed for a second and smiled brightly, "So you're smart!"
I chuckled, "Not really, I'm just observant."
He shook his head and Sal chuckled.
"Oh so why'd you move into two apartments?" Sal asked.
"Oh well, there's 4 of us and...we all needed our own room. Plus it's not like we couldn't afford it."
He nodded. We all fell into an awkward silence and I just looked around the room. I saw an easel with a painting on it.
"Oh? You paint, Larry? I asked and pointed at one.
He nodded, "It's my passion dude."
I smiled, "That's really cool."
We fell back into silence and I turned back to Sal, "Anything you really like Sal?"
He looked over at me, "Yeah actually...I really like playing the electric guitar."
My eyes widened and my face lit up. I loved music and back in New York, I was known as a musical prodigy.
"Really?!" I practically squealed.
Sal looked taken aback, "Um...yeah?"
I walked up to him and took his hands in mine, "I love music! I play as well!"
His mask moved slightly, indicating he was smiling and I backed away.
I think I'm really going to get along with these guys.

Time skip
I was laying on Larry's bed with Sal sitting next to me with his legs crossed. Larry was at his easel painting.
I sat up quickly, catching the boys off guard.
"Shit! How long have I been here?!" I quickly spoke.
Sal jumped at my sudden shout and Larry looked at a clock.
"Uh...maybe like, 3 hours?" Larry answered.
I scrambled to get up and fell off the bed, hitting the ground with a loud thud.
"Ack-" I spoke out in pain.
Sal looked over the edge of the bed at me and Larry walked over to help me up.
"You good?" He asked.
Sal chuckled as I took Larry's hand and stood up.
"I gotta go guys...my mom's gonna kill me if she finds out I was down here instead of unpacking or practicing."
"Practicing? For what?" Sal asked.
I stiffened up, "Oh uh...music stuff."
Sal sat up, seemingly interested. "Music stuff? Like what?"
I cleared my throat, I didn't like talking about it, "U-Uh...piano competitions..."
He nodded, "That's cool."
I straightened my shirt, "Um...well, I'm gonna go now. Thanks for hanging out with me guys! I'll see you later, I'm sure!"
I walked to the door and turned to see Larry give me a small wave and Sal nod at me.
I walked out of the room and through the apartment before hurrying to the elevator. I went up to floor 4 and went to my apartment.
I opened the door to see Jacob wasn't on the couch anymore. He was probably in his room.
I was hurrying to my room when the door opened. Jacob stepped out and froze when he saw me.
I tilted my head, "Jacob? What were you doing in my room?"
He cleared his throat, "U-Um..."
"Were you messing with my stuff?! You know I hate when you-"
He cut me off, "Relax. I was unpacking so mom doesn't kill you. You were gone a long time and I didn't want mom to get upset and hit you..."
My eyes widened. Jacob did something sweet for me?! "Oh...thanks." I was a little weirded out.
He nodded and walked off to his room.
I walked into my room and sure enough, my boxes were mostly unpacked. My uke was hung on the wall, my guitars leaned on my piano. My posters were laid on my bed along with my glow in the dark stars. My clothes were hung or put in my chest of drawers.
I smiled.
I really do have a good twin brother
I started to hang my posters when I heard the front door open.
I heard footsteps approaching my room and I froze.
My door opened and there she was. My mother.
"Y/N L/N. Why aren't you practicing?" She asked sternly.
I swallowed, "Just...finishing unpacking."
She crossed her arms, "Fine...do what you need to then sit down and practice. You have a competition in 2 weeks."
I nodded and she walked away, probably to bother Jacob next.
I let out a sigh of relief.
Life with her was hell.
I went back to my posters. They were music posters mostly. I had one of Sanity's Fall. I loved that band, though they didn't have much music out at the moment.
I had a Mozart poster as well as some other classical musicians, they were my inspiration after all.
When I was done hanging my posters I grabbed a step stool. I started sticking my stats to the ceiling and around the walls.
When I finished, my room was finally starting to feel like my own.
I sat down at my piano bench and stretched before leaning over to a bag and pulling out my sheet music.
I took a deep breath and began to practice.