Promise me - chapter 9

Anna's POV:

Luigi prepared a fantastic evening for me. A splendid one after all the rush and demand for the Molinelli case to be solved.

The shining sun in Porto Ceso today is refreshing. It was like it is intentionally made to recharge your energy. 

Luigi got me white tulips, my favorites. I couldn't stop smiling at how thoughtful this gesture is. We went to the pier side of Porto Ceso, enjoying the surrounding scenery. We got hungry, so we went to the carriage at the train since the café was undergoing a recruitment process since they were short-staffed. Furthermore, we ate and then headed to the cliff and watch the sunset. 

"Anna, I have something to tell you," Luigi said

"Yes?" I ask

"Anna, I wanted to tell you that I like you. A bit more than friends. I know it hasn't been long since we've met, but I needed to tell you before you headed back to Munich. It is okay if you don't like me that way back -" he gets interrupted as I kiss him tenderly on the lips, nice and slow. I feel him smile against my lips as he returns the kiss and envelops me in his arms. 

I pull away, but put our foreheads are touching.

"I like you too, Luigi. You've made me reconsider every expectation I made for myself when I was younger. I'm happy that I am open to give us a try despite our distance," I say 

We smiled at each other as he picks me up and spins us around in pure bliss.

We finish off our date with him escorting me back to the apartments,

We don't want to leave each other's side, but as long as we agree to see each other again tomorrow, we part ways to get some rest.

                                                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Next day ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luigi's POV:

The sunlight shines through the window. Coldness takes over the room, suddenly. Shivering, I make my way to get ready and report to work. Breakfast goes by swiftly. Thoughts of the night before almost distract me from fixing my hair. 

As I am checking my stubble, I take in the bizarre feeling that sets in my apartment. It feels off as I walk out the door, ready for the day.

I pass Vincent's apartments and think about Anna. A small smile slowly tries to make its way to my face, but  I quickly think that she could leave at any moment. 

Quickly making my way to the police station, thinking to myself that if I speed things up at the station, I might be able to escort Anna to the train station. 

I spend the morning doing this before Cozzi arrives and says, "Luigi, what are you doing here? The case was wrapped up yesterday," 

"I know, signore. I needed to distract myself for a little while. Anna is going back to Zurich today," I say, feeling the stress and anguish pumping through my veins.

"Well, now that everything's organized, you have the evening in your favor. Go ahead and find Miss Myers, I believe she is expecting you," my superior says in a commanding manner. Clearly knowing the intention, a small smile creeps on my face as I leave the police station. 

Anna's POV:

Everything's packed. I am overwhelmed thinking I have to say goodbye to Luigi today. Closing the door of the apartments, I see Luigi leaving the police station and quickly making his way to where I was. My heart swells as his brown eyes smile to my blue orbs. 

I smile instinctively as he stands before me.

"Do you need any help with your luggage, Anna?" Luigi asks

"Yes, that would be nice, Luigi - oh, before I forget, I must return the typewriter." I remember as I reopen the apartment to retract the typewriter.

As Anna walks out the apartment with the typewriter, she returns it to the police station. 

As soon as she leaves the station, she approaches Luigi, her face overcome with sadness.

Luigi notices and stops at the very stop of the train station. 

"Anna, what's wrong?" he asks, a bit worried, since the last time he saw Anna this sad was with Paula's death. 

"So, now that I have to return to Zurich, it means that it'll be harder to stay in touch," she says, feeling the sadness creeping on her voice

"Anna, you have to be strong, for yourself, for us," he says, taking her hands in his,"You have to remember that I'll be here, waiting anxiously for your visit," he  continues as he wants to hold her until she can come back.

"Luigi! I have an idea, how about we keep in contact through letters? That way, the distance doesn't feel too overpowering,' she says 

Luigi smiles at her, "Of course, as long as I can send over gifts too," he says, hugging her. Her smile  brightens her face, whilst her tears for wanting to stay with him a bit longer. 

"Do you want something before going to Zurich?" he asks cautiously

Anna looks at him with a questioning look

Luigi takes from his pocket a gorgeous bracelet, and she gleefully leans her hand for him to put the bracelet on.

As he finishes this task, the train comes to view, stopping its course with a loud sigh of vapor. 

Anna kisses Luigi again, leaning their foreheads together, "Promise me this is going to be forever,"

"I promise" he says. 

He watches her get on the train, and he feels his heart flutter for what the future has in store for them. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi, long time no see,

Hope you guys loved it, this really got me in my feelings.

Again, thank you for the support all of you keep giving this book.

I'm glad you guys love this story as much as I love writing it. 

crazygiggle212 xo