Pure bliss - Chapter 8

Luigi's POV (SURPRISE!!!!!) 

I woke up today feeling well. I was about to continue my usual routine: walking up to the police station early in the morning, alone with my thoughts, but I remembered, that today I had to talk to Anna before she headed back to Munich. Not only that, but I'd be really upset if I don't tell her I like her, so I gathered as much courage as I could. My nerves were at war with my conscience right before I saw Anna. Her short blonde hair shining even more with the sunlight, her blue irises giving a hint of uncertainty to them. That's strange, she certainly looks like she is at a crossroads to what she wants to say. My heart is hammering in my chest with a hint of hope to the possibility that she has feelings as well. 

"Hi Anna," I say trying to break the ice

"Hi Luigi, um, I wanted to talk to you about two things that have me concerned. The first one is that I have to finish the article before the magazine is set to publish the next issue and I need a typewriter to finish it.  The second is that I was wondering if you were free today at some time if it's possible, I have something important to tell you." she said the second sentence lowering her voice

I couldn't be happier. So immediately I responded, "Yes, well today I will make sure that all paperwork still due to file on the Molinelli case is archived. After 2 p.m., I am free. You can come by the station, remind me to ask Cozzi about the typewriter and once we get it and leave it on the apartment, I am all ears of what you have to say. How does that sound?" I ask, seeking if she's on board with the idea.

I look at Anna and see that her eyes are smiling and have a relaxed composure, she says, "That sounds perfect, Luigi, thank you. See you later" smiling at me, she heads north for the café. 

I stand there smiling proud of what I have achieved early today. I put into perspective that I need to start the archive process in order to make it in time for my meeting with Anna later. 

Does she like flowers? 

Has she gotten the time to explore Porto Ceso before she left for Munich?

These questions along with other ones were exercising my critical thinking while the archive files of the Molinelli case are close to being finished. 

Before I knew it, I was finished. I checked with Cozzi if there was anything else he needed me to do before Anna came. 

After Cozzi gives me an answer, I see from the corner of my eye that Cozzi is grinning.

"Luigi, can you answer the following question with honesty? I only want the truth, it's a yes or no question,"

"Si, Signore"

"Do you like Anna?" he asked

The surprise must have given him the answer before I even got the chance to say something because he smiled wide.

"Luigi, she's very clever. I am not sure how you two would make it work but if it's mutual, nothing should be an excuse to be with her," he said 

I was even more surprised at this advice than seeing Cozzi smiling.  

At that moment, I felt great.

My heart swelled with anticipation for Anna to arrive at the police station.

Cozzi luckily noticed I already archived all the documents that were pending to be archived for so long. My superior eyes me warily asking what was my rush.

My cheeks flushed a little and my ears started to turn red. A sudden wave of shyness took over, and I couldn't speak. 

Cozzi grins seeing me react this way. "Luigi, I think I got an idea or two of what you're up to," 

I still didn't say the plans I have with Anna nor what I was thinking because I would have been caught in the spot.

Cozzi smiles a bit wider and dismisses me from the police station. 

I nervously approach Vincent, clueless about what flowers I am about to buy. What flowers does she like?

Roses?

Daisies?

Tulips?

Gardenias?

Carnations?

I have no clue, but I'm sure about the color white. I decide on white tulips.

My nerves are getting the best of me. I step from one foot to the other, trying to speed time to see Anna.

As my worry grew for the flowers getting ruined, I enter the police station and set the flowers on one of the shelves hidden from sight at the front desk. 

I take a look around how the case went by in a blink of an eye thanks to Anna, who persistently pushed us to question any witness in the case, didn't matter if the "responsible" was really in camouflaging for the alibis, the clues, etc.

She pushed us to be really demanding in this case. Made us see that not always it's easy. She's an investigator at heart. That's one of the things that stood out to me.

15 minutes went by, and I see a familiar short blonde-haired young woman entering the station.

A smile creeps up my face as I see Anna happy. It makes my heart warm to see her blue eyes glimmer with happiness, her camera is hanging on her shoulder, her adorable smile mirroring mine.

"Are you ready?" She asks with her English accent that has me swooning since I've met her.

"Just a second," I respond as I locate the white tulips I bought for her earlier. It's a small bouquet, but it is really thoughtful. 

I reveal the tulips to her, and she smiles widely, "Luigi, how did you know that tulips were my favorite flowers?", she asks as she smells them and looks down at them, adamant to notice every detail of them.

I smile, "Let's say that luck was in my favor," I respond as she looks at me with a big smile on her face. "Alright, let's go, the evening is ahead of us," I say as everything was back in place prior to reliving the Molinelli case.

She smiles at me as I open the door for her, and closing it gently as this afternoon is going to take a beautiful turn. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guys!

Here's an update. Can we take a moment and appreciate this ship? 

I almost cried writing the end of this chapter.

What do you guys think? 

I want to know how much you wanted a chapter like this for them. 

Hope you guys liked it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

- Crazygiggle212