Solving the deeds - chapter seven

Anna's POV :

Once I gathered every possible piece of evidence and rebuild a story that isn't mine to tell, but there was just a detail or two that needed s I knew exactly what I needed to do. With this picture in my hands, I knocked outside of Sylvia's compartment. Luigi is standing right next to me, just as nervous as I am to ask Sylvia for this favor. You see, I already told Luigi probably 25% of my plan just to confirm if my suspicions are right about someone who has been acting really bizarre during my time investigating this case on my own, without the help of the town's sheriff. 

A faint "Come in," is heard from the inside of the compartment.  Luigi goes ahead and slowly takes his handcuffs out of his holster due to how faint the response was. I proceed to open the compartment slowly to just see Sylvia sitting there with a Magazine in had. A hat and her sunglasses compliment her look. 

"Good evening, Sylvia. I recently found a picture and I need you to tell me what can you make out of the picture," I explain

" I can try," she responds

I hand her the black and white picture of a man, a young woman, and a little boy. She looks at it and tells me,

"Back in the day, Aldo's dad had an older sister, Flora Molinelli, the little boy is young Mario Molinelli (Aldo's dad). She fell in love with a man and told her father that she will marry him but her father was against this idea so he threatened her to practically disown her. So she went against her father's wishes and married the man she loves, 

"So here's the plan, you're going to get into Osvald's nerves which I believe won't be difficult, get him to confess all this information. Once he does, Luigi and Signor Cozzi will come in to take him in custody. Are you okay with all of this?," I ask her

"I want to shine some light on this case because I can't imagine how frustrating it must've been to get the facts straight, so I'm doing it for Aldo," she said heading over to Osvald's compartment. 

Sylvia walks into Osvald's compartment and sticks to the plan.

"You!, You murdered Aldo, my Aldo! You shouldn't be walking in brought daylight," she said as her eyes start to glass with tears. 

"You are a spoiled one! getting private tennis classes. Shopping with MY money! I'm the true heir of Molinelli Industries. Not you!" he exclaimed

"Maybe I can take you out too and finally be the sole heir of the Molinelli Industries," he finally says as he reaches to Sylvia and tries to choke her.

Luigi and officer Cozzi rush in with cuffs in hand finally Osvald Bernstein, or should I say, Osvald Molinelli!

Now, in the dining cart, Officer Cozzi, Luigi, and Mr. Verno are seated as I stand and explain everything that I gathered during my investigations.

As I explained every detail one by one, I mention that I have in my possession the deal signature acquisition of Verno Tires. 

I give them personally to Mr. Verno. He nods taking the documents in silence.   

Once I wrap up with the details and the explanation of the investigation I did on my own, Signor Cozzi stands abruptly from his seat and turn to me,

"Ms. Myers, you have impressed me. I thought you were an amateur, focusing on what was at hand and had closed thoughts on the investigation, but instead, you showed me how to exactly do a proper investigation. Your background knowledge in Politics helps you go more in-depth with the details and in that, I admire you, Ms. Myers. I'm glad we resolved this case with your help." Cozzi expressed taking his hat off to show me some respect. 

Mr. Verno left the room about 20 minutes before this confession took place

To hide the shock and surprise of Cozzi's confession, I nodded.

"Alright, time to rest. But first, Luigi, help me close the station and secure the cells to ensure that Osvald doesn't escape," Cozzi says 

"Si signor" he responds   

Once they both leave, I decide to call it a night and head to the apartments to get some rest. But I'm stopped by Luigi, who just stepped out of the police station. 

"Anna, you were incredible during this case. I'm really glad I met you but I wish it was under better circumstances," he says trying not to smile but failing exceptionally 

I return the smile and say "Likewise, Luigi. Goodnight now, I am really tired. We can talk tomorrow," I say immediately realizing how straight forward that was, even surprising me 

"Yes, goodnight Anna. I'll be looking forward to talking tomorrow," he said with a small smile heading to his place.

I walk back to the apartments, change into sleepwear, and lay in bed replaying my conversation with Luigi. I proceed to remember that evening where the sun was setting and his eyes sparkled in a beautiful shade of brown and how his brown eyes searched my blue ones. 

I doze off to sleep with the memory. 

The next morning I wake up to the sound of the birds chirping. I rub my eyes slowly and let them adjust o the sudden recognition of light peaking through the curtains. I look at the time through my watch and see it is 7 a.m. on the dot, hm not bad.

I quickly gather today's outfit, I take a bath, change clothes, and start with the day.

Stepping outside the apartments, I walk to the crossroads between the police station, the harbor, and the apartments. Not too long before Luigi walks up to me smiling. 

"Good morning, Anna," he said

"Good morning, Luigi," I respond

"Listen, Anna, I wanted to talk to you last night about something but I was well aware it was late, so I agreed to talk today if you'd like," he said sounding anxious while scratching lightly the back of his head. his eyes searching mine waiting for my response. 

My senses go still like ice as he said this. I refuse to keep ignoring a topic so important to address. The respect, the affection, basically all the principles of starting to like someone. 

So I took a deep breath and exhaled. My mind made me say, "Of course, I'll love to talk to you today. Later today, I need a typewriter to write the article I owe to my press company," 

He smiles, " I'll ask Cozzi if we have any other report due to write so that way, I can ask him if you could use it," he said thinking over which options were more viable for him to consider.

With this, I see how much influence I have brought in his life. I smile at the realization. 

I'm definitely crushing on Luigi. 

There are no more ways to hide it.

I need to tell him before heading back to Munich.