Part 2

The next few days went in relative peace. He grilled Lavia and anyone else he could find for information, observed the behavior of the nobles from afar, and after finding the library, reading books, his Sharingan and perfect memory allowed him to read a page in less than two seconds, which was speeding things up nicely. This world was an interesting place, to say the least. There was no chakra, which gave him a definite edge, but what they had was fascinating. Haki sounded like Sakki, or Killing Intent, that he knew, but that it could be charged into limbs and even weapons to strengthen them and give damage to otherwise invulnerable enemies. But what really grabbed his attention were the Akuma no Mi, the Devil Fruits. It was incredible what abilities they gave, although the descriptions were vague, even in the library of the World Government that he could access without leaving hints of breaking in, which were most.

Devil Fruits were easier studied on those that had some, probably a lot of the Marines and agents of the World Government, although he had noticed that while Tenryuubito didn't have any abilities, they sometimes fed those fruits to slaves for amusement, having those slaves put on shows for them, going from dance to gladiator-matches. He saw, at a family that wore round helmets, two women, apparently sisters, turn into snakes and fight each other, while a third, who couldn't be older than twelve, was dancing with other slaves, apparently working some kind of charm. During those expeditions he also learned that all of the nobles were scum of the worst kind, and that he would do this world a favor if he reduced their numbers, which he was planning on doing eventually.

Fruit-users were not the only interesting thing he saw. He noticed men and women, slaves or servants, who had odd characteristics. They seemed like crosses between men and different forms of marine wildlife, who, as he found out later, were a completely different race simply known as Fishmen. He also saw slaves with additional joints in their arms or legs, and one man who looked completely normal, only he was bigger than some of the villas. The most curious find was in a Tenryuubito's pond, where a real mermaid was chained down, unable to leave it. This world was fascinating and Madara grew to like it more and more. So far, the only stain seemed to be the Tenryuubito, but Madara intended to correct that mistake. He just wasn't sure when.

However, six days after he woke up in Lavia's office, that decision would be made for him.

The day had begun normal. Madara had woken up where he had laid down to sleep, the roof of a tower, and started another stroll through Mariejois, which was a huge city by his old standards. From the outside, one saw houses of lesser nobles surrounding a giant fortress with many towers. In reality however, the outer wall was basically just that, a wall. Behind that wall, although a number of floors higher above the ground the 'simple' nobles lived, were large manors, shops, a little town inside of a building, with the towers and the central headquarters of the World Government watching over them. Madara found it pathetic that they Tenryuubito dared be so arrogant while being completely dependent for protection. He was still considering how and when he'd slaughter them, but unless something forced him to, he'd rather not give up on the library. Of course, there were other libraries, Madara had the plan to visit an island named Ohara when he was out of here, since it was mentioned to have a very extensive library, but all in good time.

He had spent the day in the library, reading on different topics, currently focusing on history. Eventually the sun had sunk, hours ago, and the library would be searched, then hermetically sealed. Since Madara had no interest of dying like that, he left shortly after midnight. As he walked down the street, a servant noticed him and practically attached himself to his leg. "Thank god I finally found you! Master Valnist wanted to see you two days ago, but you were gone. The master would have detonated your collar if you hadn't been found by tomorrow. You have to come quickly, master Valnist is in a horrible mood. Slaves don't make their masters wait."